+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am ALL about choice. I think every woman has the RIGHT to decide how to birth her baby.

My choice was after 2 c-secs that I really wanted a natural birth... And I did and it was freakin' amazing!
    My recovery was SO much better. I had fairly straight forward recoveries from my c-secs but I was determined not to have another one.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    When people say they had no pain after a c/s and could walk fine, did you need any painkillers? Or you just got straight up and could do things with ease without any painkillers?
    I had the epidural for 20 hours and then panadol once because the midwives told me to take it. I thought I was a pain wuss so I was very surprised at how little discomfort I felt. The only time I felt pain was on day 3 when I jumped into the hospital bed forgetting that I had internal stitches.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sure everyone's experiences are different of what is hard. It depends if you mean the baby coming out,labour, recovery, any later issues that arise. I have only had two vaginal births. One birth was easy, one was hard. One I recovered in about five minutes and the other took a few weeks due to a tear. I imagine the actual baby coming out part is much easier during a csection because there's no pushing or crowning.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    With my cs I couldn't get out of bed unless I'd just had the endo and I took morphine for over a week. That burning feeling I had to at least week 4 and all I wanted to do was itch! I also had a reaction to the slow release endos and had to take something else. Arggh all horrible.
    (not to mention the actual cs and not being allowed to see the baby for 2 hours!!)
    But when I try to explain pain difference for mine I see it as, I needed a bucket load of morphine to walk after my cs, I took 2 panadols after my vb and I was shopping the next day.
    But every experience is different, I can't imagine a traumatic vb either, that area is so personal and I think would be hard to deal with emotionally.
    yeah makes sense. i had 3 traumatic posterior vbs so to me the csect was much much easier than i expected it to be. i didn't get to see ny baby for 24 hours though that sucked. and i couldn't actually hold him for four days

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lilly- I found the morphine doesn't really work on me, and it was just causing wind which was aggravating an old bowel operation. So I went to Panadol and nuerofen, and that worked fine, also took away the wooziness that comes.

Brooke- yeah, a GA sucks. That was the one thing that worried me with a CS, I wanted to be awake to meet my baby. I was so relieved the spinal block worked.

In reality both ways suck and marsupials clearly have the right idea with a pouch. For me how she got here is irrelevant, it's such a small part of her life now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    Lilly i felt discomfort for the first day after and i was on painkillers. it was like a hot sorta feeling? hard to explain. i was more dizzy lightheaded than in pain. was only on pain killers the first day or so. it was hard to get up first time but more cause i felt so lightheaded and i thought it would hurt. it felt like a hot pulling feeling the first few times getting up and if i twisted that made me wince a little for the first day or two only.
    i came home and did everything like normal with no pain. maybe a little discomfort but no real pain.
    nowhere near as bad as the pain I've been in after all 3 of my vbs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    I was the same. Was in hospital for 3 days but was up and about the day after c-section(DS was born at 8pm). Once I got home didn't needed any painkillers but was midwife did say to take 2 panadols before going for a walk (would go out for about 45mins), just to prevent discomfort when walking but only did that a couple of times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry this is a little off topic I'm just curious I'm 34 weeks with my first is it too late to ask for a c sect? Do I just ask my mid wife?
    My midwife is horrible and always makes me feel stupid and rush's me out the door
    How do I go about a elective c sect? I'm going through public hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Purely elective (so non medically necessary) c/s can be hard to come by in the public system. You would need to see an ob about your options, it's not up to the middie.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Koberose  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No I can't compare the 2, but I always used to think comparing these 2 is like comparing apples and oranges.
    I have never had a contraction as DS was a planned C/S due to complications that arose in the 3rd trimester. So I can't compare painlevels.
    Although they did give me a drip of oxytocin to get my uterus to contract after the c/s as this slowed down the bleeding.
    I found that horribly painful, but according to the midwife it is nothing compared to labour contractions

I enjoyed having the planned c/s and the recovery wasn't all that bad in my case either. The c/s went smooth and relaxed. I never felt the spinal block, never felt any pain during the surgery whatsoever. We even shared some jokes throughout the whole process.

That first night was terrible as I couldn't move my legs and turn over, but after I had my first shower I felt like a million bucks and was walking up and down the ward to feed DS who was in the nursery. I wasn't running laps, but the more I moved, the better my recovery went.

The only major issue I had, was the not driving for 6 weeks. I was single already during my pregnancy, so I was lucky to have my parents living closeby in those days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Koberose View Post
    Sorry this is a little off topic I'm just curious I'm 34 weeks with my first is it too late to ask for a c sect? Do I just ask my mid wife?
    My midwife is horrible and always makes me feel stupid and rush's me out the door
    How do I go about a elective c sect? I'm going through public hospital
    My experience with public hospitals Is unless there is an issue they don't do elective c-sections, having said this I did ask my midwife about it and she said that the only time they will even consider it without the persons having medical issues is when women are extremely anxious about giving birth (to the point where it could lead to medical issues like high blood pressure etc). Maybe ask to speak to an ob at your hospital.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Koberose  (14-06-2012)