+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    When people say they had no pain after a c/s and could walk fine, did you need any painkillers? Or you just got straight up and could do things with ease without any painkillers?
    Just for me, as I said I only had digesic for my 2nd, which if you don't know is similar to forte but doesn't constipate. I wouldn't say I could walk fine, I kind of dragged myself along holding my tummy for support the first day or two. I stopped taking it a day after discharge (so day 3) and was doing household tasks. But not bc I wasn't in pain but bc I'm the sort of person I have to do stuff, I can't just sit there lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read the replies but I have had 1 natural birth and 3 c/s and would chose to have another c/s anyday. With my natural I walked like a crab for 6 weeks and can still feel where I had one tiny stitch. With my first 2 c/s I was up and walking and discharged from the hospital in under 40 hours and back to normal within one week..
    So I'm saying natural is alot harder to give birth plus recover.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    c sec coz she was breech..not feeling like I missed anything..really have no urge to push a child out of my vagina..labour all that..plumming in tac (as my mother in law said)...recovery ..that sucked..but not that bad..I would 100% want another c sec if I had another baby

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012),Wise Enough  (14-06-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    Lilly i felt discomfort for the first day after and i was on painkillers. it was like a hot sorta feeling? hard to explain. i was more dizzy lightheaded than in pain. was only on pain killers the first day or so. it was hard to get up first time but more cause i felt so lightheaded and i thought it would hurt. it felt like a hot pulling feeling the first few times getting up and if i twisted that made me wince a little for the first day or two only.
    i came home and did everything like normal with no pain. maybe a little discomfort but no real pain.
    nowhere near as bad as the pain I've been in after all 3 of my vbs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    With my cs I couldn't get out of bed unless I'd just had the endo and I took morphine for over a week. That burning feeling I had to at least week 4 and all I wanted to do was itch! I also had a reaction to the slow release endos and had to take something else. Arggh all horrible.
    (not to mention the actual cs and not being allowed to see the baby for 2 hours!!)
    But when I try to explain pain difference for mine I see it as, I needed a bucket load of morphine to walk after my cs, I took 2 panadols after my vb and I was shopping the next day.
    But every experience is different, I can't imagine a traumatic vb either, that area is so personal and I think would be hard to deal with emotionally.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an emergency c-section after an induction and 9 hours active labour. Girls went into distress and HR completely dropped, I had to have it under a general.

ABSOLUTELY know I missed out! My family met my babies before I did. I was (and still am) gutted.
    I had no spinal or epi and recovery was much more painful for me than labour was.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012),elleandsam  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have never had a VB but I had a breeze of a c-section, hardly any morphine (made me itchy!) and no painkillers (make me sick and sleepy)

I couldn't honestly say one was hardener or not (obviously) but I loved my c-section and hate feeling like I have to justify it to anyone.

I made the best choice for me and my baby and that's all that counts in the end for me.

That said I had all the dads at my work tut tutting me that I was having a c-section telling me it was the hard way. WTF? Yeah let me know when YOU have had both. I never explained there was a medical reason for it. They don't need to know.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleven Eleven For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys for your stories and opinions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    When people say they had no pain after a c/s and could walk fine, did you need any painkillers? Or you just got straight up and could do things with ease without any painkillers?
    I had a block for the op and an epidural put in at the same time to be used for pain relief with a push button thing.

As far as they can figure out, the epi dislodged when they were moving me from the table to the bed, so after the spinal block wore off, I had no pain relief and it was ouchy.

I didn't realise that it wasn't meant to be ouchy and because I had him at 7pm, no one tried to move me until 9am the next morning when DH tried to help me up to go and see bub in the NICU and he took one look at me and was like "yeah I'm just going to buzz a nurse".

So anyway, no pain relief for over 8 hours and no I couldn't move without significant discomfort.

Once they sorted me out though, I was doing the ceasar shuffle in no time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I took the painkillers I was given in hospital, as I was advised to do so. But I didn't feel like I needed them when they were due, and I dropped them when I got home. I never had any burning pain or anything like that, and I could walk normally.

I kept being told off by DH for jumping up off the bed to do things all the time. I had SPD in pregnancy, and felt so good in comparison to that!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Guest Guest
    I still needed 6 weeks to recover with my vb though, not painful but uncomfortable, tmi but I couldn't pee the first week and abit without pouring warm water at the same time. And it took 3months to dtd comfortably and just 6 weeks after the cs. I also got a hm from pushing, that was pretty annoying.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)