+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had two natural births then a c/s for my third. C/S would never be my preference, I still went through the labor until 10cm dilated but she was face presentation so had to emergency c/s. So I was exhausted after the surgery but the 8 hours of labor prior didn't help. But for me the C/S recovery is SO much harder and for me the actual birthing experience was really different. I loved the natural births and being able to hold bubs skin on skin immediately after bubs came out for over an hour.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amesv For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Goodness no, SO much easier. You get a needle in your back , cut open and voila a baby without even breaking a sweat lol. That is an elective c/sction anyway, an emergency is different.

I've had both an emergency and an elective and while the recovery wasn't the easiest thing in the world, it wasnt terrible. I had no painkillers after DS2s!

With both I came home and resumed normal household duties like mopping etc and did wonder what everyone goes on about.
    I agree, I was the same after having emergency c-section.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    Ah I am somebody who experienced feelings of extreme guilt and sadness and yes felt incredibly robbed after my emergency cesarean. Natural delivery of my child was extremely important to me. I believe there are numerous benefits to natural birth for the child, both on a physical and spiritual level. So yes I felt robbed, sorry that offends others. My feelings and grief over my cesarean were completely separate to my joy and hapiness of being able to hold my son...
    I'm used to reading the notion that I'm a whinger for saying I feel robbed getting stuck with c/s bc I should just be happy the baby was healthy. People don't seem to process they are 2 different emotions - of course I'm happy my kids were healthy, doesn't mean I'm not sad.

I couldn't be bothered arguing anymore though. Yep we're a pack of ungrateful whingers

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012),Lillynix  (15-06-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (14-06-2012),Theophania  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    Ah I am somebody who experienced feelings of extreme guilt and sadness and yes felt incredibly robbed after my emergency cesarean. Natural delivery of my child was extremely important to me. I believe there are numerous benefits to natural birth for the child, both on a physical and spiritual level. So yes I felt robbed, sorry that offends others. My feelings and grief over my cesarean were completely separate to my joy and hapiness of being able to hold my son...
    This.

I was a victim of a busy schedule and an OB who wanted my baby out. I wasn't strong enough to say 'hang on, my baby isn't in distress or anything. I don't want to do this' I put my trust in someone who wasn't really concerned about my feelings. I'm still coming to terms with it all and feel very let down. There are a number of reasons why I feel robbed. Birth to many people isn't just a means to an end. I would recommend watching 'The face of Birth'. You may begin to understand why some people struggle with birth trauma and issues regarding labour/birth.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emzluvbub For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (14-06-2012),Bonkers  (14-06-2012),share a book  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive only had a c section but the pain was horrendous!! Im gonna try for a vbac next time. Im terrified of another section

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive had both, C/section (after a 12-13 hour labour) was much much much worse then my natural no drugs vaginal birth.

recovery
    emotionally
    and during the birth
    but especially after. it no joke took me over 6 months to even sit up without being in pain from my c/section

i was up and about pretty much straight after my natural. just a bruised bum bone

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sandy_1902 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm used to reading the notion that I'm a whinger for saying I feel robbed getting stuck with c/s bc I should just be happy the baby was healthy. People don't seem to process they are 2 different emotions - of course I'm happy my kids were healthy, doesn't mean I'm not sad.

I couldn't be bothered arguing anymore though. Yep we're a pack of ungrateful whingers

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetsugardumplin' For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012),share a book  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't feel like I missed out, I've had a vb and 2 c/sections both scheduled. I thought they were both awful, I got infections after each and every birth and the last one ended up having to take 31 courses of anti biotics, I really thought I was going to die at one point.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've never had a VB, but have been there for several. I definitely think a CS is easier (under normal elective circumstances), if they weren't I might've opted for a VBAC.

My recoveries were both pretty easy. Was shopping in malls again after 2 days.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's unfair to say how someone should feel following a birth. I know someone who is very structured. She found out the sex of the baby, had labels done up for his room, bottles, etc, had personalised lunchbox, backack, drinking bottle, sippy cup, bowls, etc, had the birth announcement ready to go with name and birth date because she had the planned elective c-section and just had to wait to add birth length, weight and photo. Then she went into labour and delivered at home when the ambulance arrived. Also many on here feel they had an unnecessary c-section.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (14-06-2012)