+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Having had an emergency C-section. I am quite sure that natural birth would have been far less taxing on my body and the recovery far easier. I am devastated I missed out on a natural birth and angry that I didn't fight hard enough. I went through the equivalent of a full labour (Laboured for around 20 hours) and then a C-section. That is where the recovery was really hard and painful. I'm sure an elective would've been much easier on me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emzluvbub For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012),Theophania  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only had a c - sect but comparing my experience to my friends I'd say an un complicated vag birth would be easier to recover from but harder to actually give birth.
    One of my friends is still recovering from her vag birth from 2 years ago! She had to have an op to fix her vag up a month ago because she was still in pain and had enough after 2 years...
    I was fully recovered after 6 or so weeks from my c-sect with no on going pain ect and a tiny scar.

Having another c-sect in the next 2 or so weeks so hope this one goes as well!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterbubs1012 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I had a c section and I don't feel like I've missed out at all. Not in the slightest.

To be honest, it really gets up my nose people who complain about having had an emergency CS. They feel "robbed" or what ever. You and your baby are healthy. That's all that matters, and without the CS it may be a different story.
    this annoys me to. i didnt get a choice but to have a csection first, he was badly breech, they delivered him at 38weeks because they thought he would need hip braces, lucky he didnt tho, when people say they feel robbed or something i feel bad, coz some people like me didnt even get to go into labor to have the chance.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (15-06-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah I am somebody who experienced feelings of extreme guilt and sadness and yes felt incredibly robbed after my emergency cesarean. Natural delivery of my child was extremely important to me. I believe there are numerous benefits to natural birth for the child, both on a physical and spiritual level. So yes I felt robbed, sorry that offends others. My feelings and grief over my cesarean were completely separate to my joy and hapiness of being able to hold my son...

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (14-06-2012),babynomad  (06-01-2013),Bonkers  (14-06-2012),Busy-Bee  (14-06-2012),emzluvbub  (14-06-2012),GreenMama  (14-06-2012),Lillynix  (15-06-2012),Mod-Degrassi  (15-06-2012),Nmgb  (14-06-2012),RobinSparkles  (14-06-2012),share a book  (14-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    It's all hard to say I've had 3 very different births, a traumatic hospy experience for my first even though he was natural I was in a lot of pain afterwards, 2nd had a natural,home birth recovery was much easier, 3 rd time a 40 hour labour at home then a transfer for emergency c-sec, recovery was woeful and very difficult. My 1st though natural was still my most traumatic, the last was pretty full on too, but I'm not suffering pnd like the first time around.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012),Bubbles10  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been lucky enough to only ever have a vaginal birth...but I think a caesarean would be much harder! I can't imagine recovering from such a major surgery and trying to look after a baby, as well.
    I take my hat off to those that do!

ETA: I'm so sorry, I didn't check which section this was in before posting!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoletta For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've never had a natural birth, but I found my c-section recovery a lot easier than the natural recovery from many women I know.

I felt great after the c-section, and didn't have much pain at all. I could move around fine, and felt pretty good.

At the hospital there were lots of women who'd had natural deliveries that could hardly walk down the corridor.

I'm sure a perfect natural delivery is easier on the body than a c-section, but I think an elective c-section is more predictable than a natural delivery.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a c-section (it was meant to be elective but I went into labour two days before hand) and it was easy as was the recovery. So based on my experience I would say that a natural birth is much much harder and I have no desire to experience it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only had vaginal births, but I have had abdominal surgery......and that took a long time to heal and recover.

As for not understanding why someone feels robbed if they don't have the birth they wanted/expected..... I think it would be wise to do some research and readings to help you understand

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetsugardumplin' For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012),Busy-Bee  (14-06-2012),emzluvbub  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do feel robbed & disappointed that I didn't get deliver naturally last time & won't get to this time, but I accept that a c-section is what was/is needed.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (14-06-2012)