+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I didn't know that and yes, it's really really sad.

I believe my friend who was there when her son stopped breathing is suffering from PTSD. She is very anxious and she gets up to him at least 3 (but often more) times a night to check that he is still breathing. We (her friends) are trying very gently to get her to her GP to start getting some help. She is exhausted.
    In regards to your friend, is she using movement mats? If not, it might be something you could mention to her. Also video monitor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    In regards to your friend, is she using movement mats? If not, it might be something you could mention to her. Also video monitor?
    I'm not sure if she is. He is 9 now so she probably hasn't got a monitor etc. I will suggest both to her though. Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    Sydney, RPA, bunch of douchebags.
    My feelings exactly.

Just letting you know I had a medical negligence prem birth at RPA too. I've had max cover private health insurance ever since.

PM me if you ever want to swap stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default **spin off** csections... Do you think it's just as hard

My 2 natural births that I had were so much easier to recover from.

I had an emergency caesarean nearly 3 weeks ago as my waters broke. I was already 5cm dilated when they discovered my baby was in transverse lie, so was whisked off to theatre.

I am still recovering now. It feels like I've had a workout at the gym on my abs, as it still is slightly painful to get up and down. I didn't get to hold my daughter for 3 hours, I got to meet her quickly for a minute or so after she was born, but there was no skin to skin. She was taken to the maternity ward and I was wheeled into recovery.

I hated not being able to get up and about, hated being bed ridden, hated the sterile environment of theatre, hated not being able to pick my baby up. I hate that I still can't pick up my older 2 children.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 5 caesareans, so can't compare to a natural birth, but I had no problems and continue to have no problems associated with the operations. Yes, it's painful afterwards, but I didn't think it was particularly hard to deal with

I find it kind of amusing that everyone still debates this topic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Also, the recovery was ok in hospital as you're drugged up. I came home after 48 hours and the pain got worse, but I did get an infection which I'm still on antibiotics for. I also have a huge hematoma and swelling around my scar, which I am scared will not go away, the overhang is horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally never had a C-section but I shared a room with a mother who did.

Before I met her I was completely arrogent to the whole c-section choice thinking its the 'easy way out'. But my opinion has changed since sharing a room with this mother.

I had my child naturally and was able to get around easily and get up to feed my DD2 and bath her and do all the after birth stuff with ease.
    But the poor mother I shared a room with was unable to get out of bed to attend her baby, walked in alot of pain and needed alot of help from nurses.

The hospital was busy and she had to wait a hour+ before being able to get help.

Her baby was crying for so long, I even gave up on waiting for the nurses to help her out so I offered my help and everytime her baby needed feeding, I would pick her baby up and pass her baby to her to feed.
    While she did that I would attend my own child or do something else so she had some privatcy and when she was done I would put her child back in the crib.

But the recovery from c-sections compared to natural birth is so much harder for the mother. Just hearing the painful grown just to sit up or lean to get something sounded horrible. And the nurses pulling out her tubes, she really did sound in pain.

From my experiences of sharing a room with a mother that has a c-section I really do think that giving birth naturally and c-sections are just as hard as one another. If not c-sections harder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I had a csec as bub was breech and don't feel like I missed out at all.

My CSec was awesome... After hearing ladies in the ward talk about their horrible natural births Id say my csec was easy peasy.

Fair enough I couldn't run right away but I had hubby to do all the cooking and cleaning. So I got to sit down, eat, feed bub and watch tv.

Perhaps csec was easier in terms of having bub, but a natural recovery would be easier ? (even though I don't think mine was that bad). ? Just guessing, each person probably has a different experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: **spin off** csections... Do you think it's just as hard

I personally believe that unless you've experienced both then you can't possibly know. I also think that each birth and EXPERIENCE is different and that will affect recovery... So in effect there is no way to compare one birth to another, regardless of the method.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

I've had both & csection was worse.

Way worse but in saying that my natural ( nothing natural bout it in my opinion ) births were fairly straight forward no stitches up out of bed & showered within an hour.