+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 220
  1. #151
    headoverfeet's Avatar
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,954
    Thanks
    3,142
    Thanked
    4,892
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    You think that just because the body is 'designed' to do something that its safer? Well since you've thrown politeness out of the window I call crap right back at you! Planned csecs are done in a controlled environment where there arent as many suprises. With natural labor, you've got surprises left right and centre (swallowing meconium, cord around neck, shoulders stuck, all the reasons that result in emergency csecs). I'm not saying that natural labor is really really dangerous or a bad choice, just statistically more dangerous.
    You should research these surprises you keep mentioning before projecting your fears onto other women. You are wrong.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

    elleandsam  (16-06-2012),SassyMummy  (15-06-2012),share a book  (17-06-2012)

  3. #152
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    You think that just because the body is 'designed' to do something that its safer? Well since you've thrown politeness out of the window I call crap right back at you! Planned csecs are done in a controlled environment where there arent as many suprises. With natural labor, you've got surprises left right and centre (swallowing meconium, cord around neck, shoulders stuck, all the reasons that result in emergency csecs). I'm not saying that natural labor is really really dangerous or a bad choice, just statistically more dangerous.

    Can you really not see a reason why public hospitals don't offer more elective c-secs? Let me offer a reason. Ahhhh perhaps because they involve a heap more work for the hospital and cost a LOT more money that the public purse can't afford (thanks to Labor but that's another thread).
    No no no Natural labour is statistically NOT more dangerous. Where are you getting all this from?

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

    elleandsam  (16-06-2012),LoveLivesHere  (15-06-2012),SassyMummy  (15-06-2012),share a book  (17-06-2012),wrena  (16-06-2012)

  5. #153
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you are going to claim it as fact, and say things like "statistically", then you really need to back it up with statistics! I have never read anything that says it's statistically safer to have a planned c/section.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    ChickyBee  (17-06-2012),elleandsam  (16-06-2012),share a book  (17-06-2012)

  7. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,850
    Thanks
    6,202
    Thanked
    16,897
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm meant to be watching a movie with the fam right now lol so don't have time to link but dozens of studies show low risk vb is safer than a c/s. That's not my opinion, it's fact.

    That's not to say I don't support elective c/s, but that simply isn't true.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    headoverfeet  (15-06-2012)

  9. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    26,930
    Thanks
    2,736
    Thanked
    6,743
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Vaginal Birth isn't statistically "worse."

    What an absolute load of hogswash!

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

    headoverfeet  (15-06-2012),Sunshinemoonlight  (16-06-2012)

  11. #156
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,711
    Thanks
    9,559
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Ok folks I've done some more research and there is insufficient evidence to conclusively back which is safer. Too many variables and lack of standard controls. There is a lean towards csecs increasing mummas mortality rate (still small) alhough there are a few studies that dispute this. Can't find much on bubbas mortality rates.

    One study did find csec mums fart more. Anyone care to call crap on this bit of information?

  12. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,711
    Thanks
    9,559
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    im happy to pm you, but i dont feel comfortable to talk about it here with all the narky judgment going around
    Thanks heaps, and your story is making me think harder about which option is best for nr 2 pregnancy...

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    Zombie_eyes  (15-06-2012)

  14. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,956
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked
    636
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    One study did find csec mums fart more. Anyone care to call crap on this bit of information?
    Dunno for others but Im pretty sure mine became smellier.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (15-06-2012)

  16. #159
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    2,361
    Thanked
    428
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Dunno for others but Im pretty sure mine became smellier.
    I don't fart, I blow wishes

  17. #160
    threechooks's Avatar
    threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,654
    Thanks
    402
    Thanked
    420
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    VICPARK. I can't find your original post but you stated the possible complications in vag births, shoulders stuck, meconium, cord around neck etc. ALL of the complications you listed can happen in elective CS too. CS's also have extra risks of cutting the baby etc. There are a long list of risks with CS's. I had to sit and listen to them prior to having my Miss E delivered by CS.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Pregnant after 3 csections and uterine rupture.
    By MrsHunidue in forum Caesareans
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-03-2014, 20:58
  2. *Spin off* Why is it so damn hard to....
    By ~Marigold~ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 07:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Einsteinz Music
Fun & interactive music classes!
Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of music: beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo through hands-on experience. Click for more details!!!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!