+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Planned csections are safer? You need to put a lot of trust in your ob that they've never made a mistake, never knicked a bladder or organ and that you don't get an infection post op (which is very common)
    I know 3 people personally who've had things go bad with their cs by their surgeons hand. A friend had her bladder knicked and spent months peeing in a bag until it healed, 1 almost lost her uterus because the surgeon was having trouble getting baby out and it was torn and another friend (not because of the ob) spent 5 days in hospital with a bad infection to the cut, lots of puss etc, that could kill you. If I know 3 people personally, how many more go bad?
    Would you know your ob's stats? How many times they've been sued and why? What things have gone wrong during their surgeries and why?
    Before you say your ob is faultless I will disagree, no surgeon has had perfect surgeries no matter how skilled they are.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I get the point about the back-up, but don't really think the 2 scenarios are that comparable. Planned c secs are statistically safer than natural labors (controlled environment and all). Natural labors need that back up....
    That is the biggest pile of crap I have read today if they are sooooo safe why don't public hospitals do more elective cs?

How can major abdominal surgery be safer than something a persons body is designed to do?

Stop sprouting misinformation.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

share a book  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    but, planned c-sect can still go wrong, no one is free from the possibility of human error

my planned c section was horrendous compared to my emergency (and that was no walk in the park either)

i was nieve, i read so many stories of beautiful planned stress free c sects, and i didnt even know what happened was even a possibility, so when it happened, it knocked me on my a.s.s and 3 years on, im still having nightmares, im still bursting into tears randomly, i still shake uncontrollably when i see a c sect happening on a tv show, (even a fake one)

was mine ugly? YES

are all ugly? NO
    Sounds terrible! Can I ask what happened?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I am talking about the public system. But yeah, whatever floats their boat. If someone is terrified to offer up their ladybits to give life to their child, than so be it. I guess its better than hating the child for ruining their lady bits.
    Yeah because that's why people elect to have c-sections.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    That is the biggest pile of crap I have read today if they are sooooo safe why don't public hospitals do more elective cs?

How can major abdominal surgery be safer than something a persons body is designed to do?

The public hospital can't do them because they cost too much

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alimia For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (16-06-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Sounds terrible! Can I ask what happened?
    im happy to pm you, but i dont feel comfortable to talk about it here with all the narky judgment going around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Planned csections are safer? You need to put a lot of trust in your ob that they've never made a mistake, never knicked a bladder or organ and that you don't get an infection post op (which is very common)
    Yeah I was going to reply to that comment but didn't want to come across rude. But statistically a low risk vb is safer than a planned c/s. That's fact.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

wrena  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post

You think that just because the body is 'designed' to do something that its safer? Well since you've thrown politeness out of the window I call crap right back at you! Planned csecs are done in a controlled environment where there arent as many suprises. With natural labor, you've got surprises left right and centre (swallowing meconium, cord around neck, shoulders stuck, all the reasons that result in emergency csecs). I'm not saying that natural labor is really really dangerous or a bad choice, just statistically more dangerous.

Can you really not see a reason why public hospitals don't offer more elective c-secs? Let me offer a reason. Ahhhh perhaps because they involve a heap more work for the hospital and cost a LOT more money that the public purse can't afford (thanks to Labor but that's another thread).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe a csec would be harder, mainly due to the recovery time.

I have had a VB with 4th deg tears, then a VB with 2nd deg tears. I would do them all again before i chose a csec.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Yeah because that's why people elect to have c-sections.
    If you actually read back, I wasn't the one who said people choose to have cesareans because they are worried about their lady bits. I was quoting a PP.

Again, I have had an "unplanned" cesarean and I dont care if people have a cesarean or a vaginal birth. All I am saying is that I do not understand the few women who choose to have a cesarean because they are worried it will hurt or they are worried about their bits ripped apart.
    Fact is that there are women out there who do decided to have a cesarean because of the above mentioned concerns.

I prefer to have pain and less risk of problems during birth, than risking a cesarean where I rely on the capability of an OB to bring my child healthy and alive into this world. Yet I did not have that choice. Those who do, still sometimes choose to take that risk for reasons I can not understand.