+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ElleandSam, for sure yours was ugly, but like Lemonheads VB it was not a normal example. I think both options have considerable risks and both can have less than ideal outcomes. Which I know you agree with, lol... because we're not disagreeing here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    BlissedOut you have misunderstood me and my sarcastic post. Please read all my posts carefully. That's the last thing I was meaning to do.
    It was tit for tat and as equally gross as the post it was replying to. Yes, even with the sarcasm, it just lists several things people in this forum use when being serious about c-sections being a horrible thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I had both mine for breeches so I say mine were medically necessary c/s (although I debate that, but that's another thread lol). I cringe calling mine elective bc elective means by choice. I had none so therefore it wasn't elective imo.

and this is not a shot at electives, just going to put that out there. Just that I don't consider mine one
    This is what I mean. I do not see it as a choice, so it wasn't elective for me. DS and I had no choice. So therefore I prefer to call it an "unexpected" cesarean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    This is what I mean. I do not see it as a choice, so it wasn't elective for me. DS and I had no choice. So therefore I prefer to call it an "unexpected" cesarean.
    I only had one person ask me why I "chose" to have a caesarean. I had no expectations either way, not having frequented online chatrooms, which is where you really see what a lot of women think about caesareans. I was taken aback, but just answered honestly. She obviously thought I'd chosen to have a caesar because she viewed it as an easier option. You know, it's really a ridiculous debate, because as others have said, you can have an awful natural birth, and you can have an awful caesarean birth. Some people seem ignorant enough to believe that one or the other is better. In some situations a caesarean will save a woman's life (and a child) so of course that is "better" in that instance. If things had all been ok for me, I would have preferred not to have had major surgery, but that was not the way it was for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post
    I only had one person ask me why I "chose" to have a caesarean. I had no expectations either way, not having frequented online chatrooms, which is where you really see what a lot of women think about caesareans. I was taken aback, but just answered honestly. She obviously thought I'd chosen to have a caesar because she viewed it as an easier option. You know, it's really a ridiculous debate, because as others have said, you can have an awful natural birth, and you can have an awful caesarean birth. Some people seem ignorant enough to believe that one or the other is better. In some situations a caesarean will save a woman's life (and a child) so of course that is "better" in that instance. If things had all been ok for me, I would have preferred not to have had major surgery, but that was not the way it was for me.
    That is why I said I can not understand people who choose to have a cesarean just because they can. Cesarean go well in a lot of cases, but if and when they go wrong, they go terribly wrong. You do not have a backup plan like with a natural birth.
    Something can go wrong with a natural birth too, but at least you still have a backup with an emergency cesarean.

And yes, it is a ridiculous debate. It think 90% of the elective cesareans are done for medical reasons and not because someone is lazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    And yes, it is a ridiculous debate. It think 90% of the elective cesareans are done for medical reasons and not because someone is lazy.
    Apparently c/s rates in private hospitals are around 50% in oz, and I know of several women that had them bc they didn't want to ruin their lady bits (no previous birth trauma from vb or anything).

Having said that, I support that choice. A woman should get the birth she wants. I think how I would feel if rather than having my vb taken away, I wanted a c/s but was forced to have a natural. That would be just as bad I would think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    That is why I said I can not understand people who choose to have a cesarean just because they can. Cesarean go well in a lot of cases, but if and when they go wrong, they go terribly wrong. You do not have a backup plan like with a natural birth.
    Something can go wrong with a natural birth too, but at least you still have a backup with an emergency cesarean.

I get the point about the back-up, but don't really think the 2 scenarios are that comparable. Planned c secs are statistically safer than natural labors (controlled environment and all). Natural labors need that back up...

I can understand why people would choose a csec: mine was awesome and pain free... Dare i say it was easy peasy. And planned ones are safe.

I can understand why women Prefer natural labor too.

As for my nr 2, I'll make my mind up at the time, based on my obstetricians opinion on what's safer for bubba.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know a lot of health professionals prefer to call them 'scheduled caesareans' when discussing with patients.

My first was scheduled, my second was elective.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    but, planned c-sect can still go wrong, no one is free from the possibility of human error

my planned c section was horrendous compared to my emergency (and that was no walk in the park either)

i was nieve, i read so many stories of beautiful planned stress free c sects, and i didnt even know what happened was even a possibility, so when it happened, it knocked me on my a.s.s and 3 years on, im still having nightmares, im still bursting into tears randomly, i still shake uncontrollably when i see a c sect happening on a tv show, (even a fake one)

was mine ugly? YES

are all ugly? NO

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-06-2012),delirium  (15-06-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post

i was nieve, i read so many stories of beautiful planned stress free c sects, and i didnt even know what happened was even a possibility, so when it happened, it knocked me on my a.s.s and 3 years on, im still having nightmares, im still bursting into tears randomly, i still shake uncontrollably when i see a c sect happening on a tv show, (even a fake one)

was mine ugly? YES

are all ugly? NO
    I sometimes still get sweaty palms talking about it. I think we both have a bit of post traumatic stress, flash backs, nightmares and sweating are part of it.

All I can say is hun, your anesthetist stuffed up, but it doesn't have to happen again. My 2nd op they gave me a high spinal dose and sedated me (I was having panic attacks ) and I was fine. If we are lucky to have a 3rd I will request the same anesthetist and be sedated again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Apparently c/s rates in private hospitals are around 50% in oz, and I know of several women that had them bc they didn't want to ruin their lady bits (no previous birth trauma from vb or anything).

Having said that, I support that choice. A woman should get the birth she wants. I think how I would feel if rather than having my vb taken away, I wanted a c/s but was forced to have a natural. That would be just as bad I would think
    I am talking about the public system. But yeah, whatever floats their boat. If someone is terrified to offer up their ladybits to give life to their child, than so be it. I guess its better than hating the child for ruining their lady bits.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    but, planned c-sect can still go wrong, no one is free from the possibility of human error

my planned c section was horrendous compared to my emergency (and that was no walk in the park either)

was mine ugly? YES

are all ugly? NO
    This is what I said. C-sections can go wrong and when they do, there is no way to fix them or go for a backup. Human error and also unexpected health issues can always sneak in.

However, my planned cesarean was also an easy one as far as recovery and pain management goes.
    However, I wont go as far as saying "easy peasy" as my milk didn't come and I nearly gave up on breastfeeding until the doctor prescribed Motilium to me after 9 days. DS and I would have been home for Christmas if my milk had come in sooner

I guess those who are worried about a vaginal birth tearing up their privates, dont care whether or not they can breastfeed. There is a bigger chance of not being able to breastfeed with planned cesareans than with natural birth.