+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've found some of the comments in here very upsetting and insensitive. I had a terrible pregnancy, a traumatic csection and then a week run in NICU. My son has leaky gut and respiratory issues due to prematurity and the paed using the wrong sized resus tube and scaring my sons trachea. Seriously, my son sounds like a baby Darren Lockyer. I have been working on my abs for months and they still suck!

Csections aren't easier, they aren't complication free and they aren't always the best option. For healthy mums and babies a vaginal birth is less risky.

And yes I feel like I missed out. I didn't see my son until he was 3 hours old. Neither me nor my husband saw him being born. I don't remember much at all of his first 24 hours because of the GA. On the contrary I remember every detail of the day my daughter was born, right down to what I had for breakfast and what colour shoes my doula was wearing.

And my vag didn't rip open, I don't have light bladder leakage and she isn't special needs. She's perfect. My son on the other hand, well more and more about his health is unravelling as he gets older and it all comes back to his birth.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

CharlieBug  (15-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted a natural drug free birth.. After 20hrs of labour the midwives found DD to be breech and I was told I needed a cs.. I was devastated and yes I do feel ripped off.

I'm annoyed that I didn't get to hold DD until she was a few hours old and only after numerous others held her but don't feel that it stopped me from bonding with her at all.

Recovery wasn't as bad as I had built it up to be.. The first day was the worst because I had a catheter and a drip in and I was incredibly itchy from the morphine and just generally feel like I was off my face that first day from lack of sleep etc!

I only took panadol and nurofen for the first few days and then I didn't feel the need to anymore. It was more of an annoyance than anything else but I had so much support it wasn't a hard recovery. I honestly think the worst part for me was having to take the dressing off 😳

In the end I'm just glad both DD and I were fine and she was perfectly healthy and safe but next time I will be going for a natural birth (if I can)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the one thing everyone is forgetting is that everyone's births are going to be different, all births are not the same.

Some people are going to have fantastic experiences with VB while others are not. As with c-sections. There is are recovery period for all births regardless of how bubs came out.

I would like to think that there is no judgment of others and that everyone is just trying to get the point across but to be honest it doesn't seem that way.

I think respect goes a long way and yes we may all be strangers on BH, buy we should all be respecting how others feel and recognize that everybody is going to have different experiences whether good or bad.

All the best to everyone's future births, I hope you all get the birth were after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'll just answer the pee one for now. When i had a catheter in I remember thinking how awesome it was that I didn't have to pee.
    I would just like to say AGAIN that I'm not seriously asking these questions - they are totally sarcastic and fully intended to be provoking, insensitive, stupid questions. Just illustrating a point which seems to have been missed by many!!

I am fully aware that caesars can be wonderful and great etc etc, or unavoidable and not great etc etc. That's not my point at all. I have not had a caesarean myself BUT, more importantly, I have not experienced YOUR birth experience (general, not a member in specific) so I am not going to judge you for feelings you may or may not have about your birth experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do feel for people who labour for hours and then have to have a c sec..that for me would be very hard....(more from being tired from trying to birth ..then having to c sec and go through recovery)

I guess for some it is very important to have a natural birth..for others they just want to have the baby born..whatever way is right at the time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    I would just like to say AGAIN that I'm not seriously asking these questions - they are totally sarcastic and fully intended to be provoking, insensitive, stupid questions. Just illustrating a point which seems to have been missed by many!!

I am fully aware that caesars can be wonderful and great etc etc, or unavoidable and not great etc etc. That's not my point at all. I have not had a caesarean myself BUT, more importantly, I have not experienced YOUR birth experience (general, not a member in specific) so I am not going to judge you for feelings you may or may not have about your birth experience.
    I know. I wasnt offended and just felt like answering anyway because your questions brought back memories of my beloved catheter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's so disheartening that a question was posed by the OP (*ideally* to those who can compare vag birth recovery to c/sec recovery etc) and shared birth stories to be be able to do this, with some personal thoughts and feelings on those birth/recovery experiences have now had insinuations that they should be grateful for their healthy babies, not whinge and whine because they're lucky their babies were born alive, have gone into birth knowing they could be ripped apart, have plumbing issues, special needs children.... the list goes on.

Honestly, how can any of the above ^ be helpful or constructive comments not matter how you look at it.

It goes without saying, every body, every birth, every woman is different that is as clear as day in this thread alone. Share your recovery experiences, share your birth stories, share your feelings on said birth stories, but please don't belittle or be insensitive to others in the process.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 15-06-2012 at 10:00. Reason: typo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought my c-section was easy. I had minimal difficulty moving around afterwards and minimal pain as i kept my meds up in hospital. It didnt restrict me from doing anything i wanted to do. The downside was that i couldnt see DS straight away.

After having such an easy c-section im scared of labour and natural birth. I have no idea if i will attempt one next time around or just go for another c-section where DS comes into recovery with me. IF possible, i would LOVE to do an assisted c-cection - has anyone had one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    I've found some of the comments in here very upsetting and insensitive. I had a terrible pregnancy, a traumatic csection and then a week run in NICU. My son has leaky gut and respiratory issues due to prematurity and the paed using the wrong sized resus tube and scaring my sons trachea. Seriously, my son sounds like a baby Darren Lockyer. I have been working on my abs for months and they still suck!

Csections aren't easier, they aren't complication free and they aren't always the best option. For healthy mums and babies a vaginal birth is less risky.

And yes I feel like I missed out. I didn't see my son until he was 3 hours old. Neither me nor my husband saw him being born. I don't remember much at all of his first 24 hours because of the GA. On the contrary I remember every detail of the day my daughter was born, right down to what I had for breakfast and what colour shoes my doula was wearing.

And my vag didn't rip open, I don't have light bladder leakage and she isn't special needs. She's perfect. My son on the other hand, well more and more about his health is unravelling as he gets older and it all comes back to his birth.
    So are you suggesting yours sons Suspecting special needs are due to his birth or the fact that he was born premature??

Thanks
    Reviews
    My emergency csar recovery was horrendous. I was on morphine for a week, then tramadol for 2 weeks, then panadiene for another month. I had 2 wound infections and didn't feel "normal" until about 6 months after the birth. It was the most painful experience of my life. I'm going for a VBAC with this baby because I can't see how a natural birth can be more painful for me.

I'd also like to thank the women who are defending the feelings of those of us who suffered emotionally and psychologically after the birth of their child. I'm too angry and upset to respond directly. Suffice to say I never got over the PND and will always feel a level of loss and grief over the birth of my son. I am eternally grateful for having him and that he's healthy. However the attitude that how he was born isn't important and is just something I should get over is exactly the reason why I have never talked about nor sought help in overcoming the PND I had as a result of his birth. I envy women who are happy with their birth experience, whatever that may be.