+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I'd have been out the door at 10, you've been extremely accomodating to wait this long but it's time to go.

If you don't hear from her by tomorrow morning relist it for the $40, tell your DH to be patient (especially considering you've been stuffed around) and do it the way you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would only have waited until 9:30. I'll be damned if I let someone else make me wait around. I am amazed you were still waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I def would not be waiting! I am over waiting for people who dont show up & don try to contact

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think one hour is long enough. Let alone 4!!!

Under an hour can be explained with traffic, wether, left my phone at home/couldn't call, couldn't find your house etc.

There's no excuse (apart from emergencies) to be 4 hours late without a phone call.

It is very rude.

If they hadn't shown after an hour I would (and have) gone on my merry way.

You told her you were busy. If someone told me they were busy, & I turned up 20mins late, I would be SUPRISED if they were still there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope you ended up going out OP. I wouldn't have waited. And yeah, I'd just relist it and not bother contacting her about it anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your replies.
    Yes I can be a bit too nice sometimes and often feel scared of a confrontation.
    I know 4 hours is far to long and I was getting extremely ****ed off.. After reading your advise I decided it really was beyond a joke and did the following..

I left a note at the front door with her name on it, told her I couldn't wait any longer!! We arranged 9am and that passed long ago.
    I explained I had things planned like i had told her on saturday.
    If she still wanted it she would have to pick it up tonight before 7pm if not, then its not longer hers and will be put back up for someone else to buy.
    I explained that I would have appreciated some form of notice that she wasn't going to come or be on time and that this was a private sale not a retail store and I simply couldn't wait any longer than the 4 hours I had.

I ended up going out.. Haven't been home yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm suspect she isn't coming. I wouldn't expect to rock up somewhere four hours late and have someone still be waiting for me.