+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Exhausted and cant sleep well...any advice?...pleeeeeeeeeeeease

Hi,
    I am 28 weeks and seem to not be able to sleep anymore. I wake up anything from 12-3am and not be able to get back to sleep. I normaly sleep very well and right through.

I have to admit, everything hurts, including my head...and I am very stressed about this pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know exactly how you feel, I was the same when pregnant with me DS. I would wake up at about 3 every morning and start thinking about everything from whether my baby is ok to what the birth going to be like to stressing about money. I found having camomile tea about 1/2 an hour before bed helped, also talking about any concerns you might have with your midwife/OB. A good friend of mine had major sleeping issues whilst pregnant, was only sleeping about 2hours a night, her OB ended putting her on temazapan (?), which she took sometimes but she also found listening to relaxation/meditation music on her iPod really helped.

Hope it gets better for you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 29w and have the same problem. It is awful enough without adding the 3 nightly toilet stops in their as well

-hug-

I have tried taking a notebook with me to bed and when my brain decides its time to dump stress I wrote everything down then and there. Helps 70% of the time :s

These days I'm waiting eagerly for DH to wake up with his alarm at 4am so I have company!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brauer's sleep oral spray is really good. You just spray it on your tongue and it does it's little homeopathic thing! I have gotten insomnia in most pregnancies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyJ View Post
    Brauer's sleep oral spray is really good. You just spray it on your tongue and it does it's little homeopathic thing! I have gotten insomnia in most pregnancies!
    Is this safe for nursing mums and co-sleepers? I can't fall asleep til midnight - 3 am

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    G
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyJ View Post
    Will definately ask my ob is i can use that...thank you. I have an irretable uterus and already started dilating so dont want to do anything to make it worseor counteract the ton of meds i am on. This is probably the reason i am not sleeping well, i wake up in half histerics many nights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FingersxCrossed View Post
    I'm 29w and have the same problem. It is awful enough without adding the 3 nightly toilet stops in their as well

-hug-

I have tried taking a notebook with me to bed and when my brain decides its time to dump stress I wrote everything down then and there. Helps 70% of the time :s

These days I'm waiting eagerly for DH to wake up with his alarm at 4am so I have company!
    I know what you mean. Dh is a bit of an insomniac anyway so for the first time he has company...he seems to be happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel, I was the same when pregnant with me DS. I would wake up at about 3 every morning and start thinking about everything from whether my baby is ok to what the birth going to be like to stressing about money. I found having camomile tea about 1/2 an hour before bed helped, also talking about any concerns you might have with your midwife/OB. A good friend of mine had major sleeping issues whilst pregnant, was only sleeping about 2hours a night, her OB ended putting her on temazapan (?), which she took sometimes but she also found listening to relaxation/meditation music on her iPod really helped.

Hope it gets better for you soon.
    Dont know why i did not think of the tea, will do thattonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nemme: I would say its safe for breast feeding & cosleeping. Check with the pharmacist, but I'm pretty sure homeopathic stuff is safe for pretty well anyone. :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyJ For This Useful Post:

GuestMember  (14-06-2012)