+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked
    49
    Reviews
    0

    Default Exhausted and cant sleep well...any advice?...pleeeeeeeeeeeease

    Hi,
    I am 28 weeks and seem to not be able to sleep anymore. I wake up anything from 12-3am and not be able to get back to sleep. I normaly sleep very well and right through.

    I have to admit, everything hurts, including my head...and I am very stressed about this pregnancy.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanks
    1,403
    Thanked
    792
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know exactly how you feel, I was the same when pregnant with me DS. I would wake up at about 3 every morning and start thinking about everything from whether my baby is ok to what the birth going to be like to stressing about money. I found having camomile tea about 1/2 an hour before bed helped, also talking about any concerns you might have with your midwife/OB. A good friend of mine had major sleeping issues whilst pregnant, was only sleeping about 2hours a night, her OB ended putting her on temazapan (?), which she took sometimes but she also found listening to relaxation/meditation music on her iPod really helped.

    Hope it gets better for you soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    22
    Reviews
    0
    I'm 29w and have the same problem. It is awful enough without adding the 3 nightly toilet stops in their as well

    -hug-

    I have tried taking a notebook with me to bed and when my brain decides its time to dump stress I wrote everything down then and there. Helps 70% of the time :s

    These days I'm waiting eagerly for DH to wake up with his alarm at 4am so I have company!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    soon to be - Yass
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    8
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Brauer's sleep oral spray is really good. You just spray it on your tongue and it does it's little homeopathic thing! I have gotten insomnia in most pregnancies!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,700
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked
    503
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyJ View Post
    Brauer's sleep oral spray is really good. You just spray it on your tongue and it does it's little homeopathic thing! I have gotten insomnia in most pregnancies!
    Is this safe for nursing mums and co-sleepers? I can't fall asleep til midnight - 3 am

    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked
    49
    Reviews
    0
    G
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyJ View Post
    Brauer's sleep oral spray is really good. You just spray it on your tongue and it does it's little homeopathic thing! I have gotten insomnia in most pregnancies!
    Will definately ask my ob is i can use that...thank you. I have an irretable uterus and already started dilating so dont want to do anything to make it worseor counteract the ton of meds i am on. This is probably the reason i am not sleeping well, i wake up in half histerics many nights.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked
    49
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FingersxCrossed View Post
    I'm 29w and have the same problem. It is awful enough without adding the 3 nightly toilet stops in their as well

    -hug-

    I have tried taking a notebook with me to bed and when my brain decides its time to dump stress I wrote everything down then and there. Helps 70% of the time :s

    These days I'm waiting eagerly for DH to wake up with his alarm at 4am so I have company!
    I know what you mean. Dh is a bit of an insomniac anyway so for the first time he has company...he seems to be happy.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked
    49
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel, I was the same when pregnant with me DS. I would wake up at about 3 every morning and start thinking about everything from whether my baby is ok to what the birth going to be like to stressing about money. I found having camomile tea about 1/2 an hour before bed helped, also talking about any concerns you might have with your midwife/OB. A good friend of mine had major sleeping issues whilst pregnant, was only sleeping about 2hours a night, her OB ended putting her on temazapan (?), which she took sometimes but she also found listening to relaxation/meditation music on her iPod really helped.

    Hope it gets better for you soon.
    Dont know why i did not think of the tea, will do thattonight

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    soon to be - Yass
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    8
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nemme: I would say its safe for breast feeding & cosleeping. Check with the pharmacist, but I'm pretty sure homeopathic stuff is safe for pretty well anyone. :-)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyJ For This Useful Post:

    GuestMember  (14-06-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Advice please on my 2yo refusing to sleep.
    By TheWhiteKnight in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-05-2012, 19:46
  2. Looking for day sleep advice please!
    By NannyJulie in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-04-2012, 22:38
  3. Refusing to day sleep, but exhausted!
    By 2BlueBirds in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-04-2012, 15:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
The MAMA Centre
Pregnancy, birth & beyond care with your very own midwife. Home & hospital birth support, VBACs, antenatal & postnatal care by medicare eligible midwives & holistic health practitioners. Massage, chiro, naturopathy, yoga, counselling & beauty therapy
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!