+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Skiping periods on the pill

Si ive been looking into skipping my period using the pill. The whole reason (apart from actually having a period ) is i get super cranky and have crazy emotions while having my period.

I was watching 'the doctors' (yes i know ) and they were saying that is is in fact safe to skip your period using the pill. I thought this is somthing i can get on board with. So i started doing some reseach and look what i found
    http://contraception.about.com/od/pr...ingPeriods.htm

Ive read other things as well and it seems that if you have at least 4 periods a year (every 3 months) everything should be fine.
    I figured it was worth a try.

What are your thoughts? Anyone do this already??

Thanks
    Reviews
    The idea of the blood sitting there grosses me out so no I wouldn't unless I needed to. I previously used depo because I didn't want a period

3. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

jennibear  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The blood doesn't sit inside of you is the same concept as the depo. Yes you can skip on the pill I do it all the time, I have a period at the end of each box just before I have to refill the script

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used to all the time, my Dr said the "period" you get when on your sugar pills has no medical function other than to reassure you that you are not pregnant! It is also a myth that blood and toxins build up , I think in my 20,s I could count on one hand how many times I had my period!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Piffle  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    The idea of the blood sitting there grosses me out so no I wouldn't unless I needed to. I previously used depo because I didn't want a period
    As the pill works by not releasing an egg and therefore not increasing the uterine lining, it seems the uterine lining wont grow (which is why you dont get a heavy period on the pill). So it seems to me the 'blood' is barely there to begin with so isnt just sitting there festering.
    Im not having a go, just trying to understand it more i guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep did it all the time!! Mine are really heavy and long so it was a blessing to be able to not have them! I started taking the pill at 13 because they were so bad and I was advised by my Dr at to skip them and have one every 3 or 4 months..... So between the ages of 13 and 19 I had maybe 20 periods in total

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Apparently the period you have on the pill is not an actual period but withdrawal bleeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 uses the pill to delay her period if it will come at an inconvenient time - such as exams, but she has found out the longer she puts it off the more painful it is when she finally has it.

She typically aims for fives week cycles - which is what her cycle was before starting the pill but will delay it an extra week, or two, or three, if she is busy. She doesn't like to go past 8 week because she has found that waiting that long results in a very painful time of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do it all the time. I only have a period once I start spotting. I then go onto the sugar pills for the week. I guess it ends up being 3-4months between them.

I can't do it on all pills now. I used to be able to do it on a lower dose one, but went to the highest dose so I did not have any breakthrough bleeding.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by April78 View Post
    I'm no doctor and am only making a suggestion but no periods should be painful. It may not be the pill causing it but something else like endometriosis. It may be worth while get cheked out as the longer you leave these things the worse they get
    I'd be worried if my periods WEREN'T painful. I can't remember the last time I had a period and wasn't balled up in pain without painkillers, and afaik I don't have endo.
    Definitely a check up would be in order, but a painful period doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong. You could just be like me. Really unlucky lol.