+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    With our first DH would stay up till 10-11 to do the last feed before bed and then I would wake up for the 1-2am feed. With DD hubby would share the task of getting up through the night, even though he worked crazy hours... I am so grateful for my hubby he is so supportive and hands on

I thought you meant your first "DH" and it sounded weird because you said "our" but then as I kept reading I worked out what you meant lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1, he didn't live with us and I was BF so doubt he could have done much, if anything.
    DD2, again BFing, he would wake up sometimes and change her nappy, maybe take for a lap or two around the lounge while I prepared/used the loo but then he'd go back to bed. There was no point him staying up as he'd end up having to get up with DD1.
    This time, he wants to be more hands on, again don't know how much he can do as I plan on BFing again. But for three weeks when he's on leave I'll take advantage, plus he'll be run off his feet with the girls as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    he got up every feed, did the bum change while i peed, then made me a milo while i fed.
    this time im happy for him to sleep, as long as he gets the toddler up in the morning so bub and i can sleep in
    Really?! Wow that's amazing! Dedicated man.. I'm not sure I can actually see the point for us but then I don't pee at night anyway and I avoid midnight nappy changing lol.. how long did he do this for and how often did your baby wake up???

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Really?! Wow that's amazing! Dedicated man.. I'm not sure I can actually see the point for us but then I don't pee at night anyway and I avoid midnight nappy changing lol.. how long did he do this for and how often did your baby wake up???

I reckon lol. Does he work Trish? DH would have driven to work asleep lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewbeginnings View Post
    Does your DP/hubby do any feeds during the night regardless if he is working or not??

Just curious.

My DP takes over during the night for some reason. I get up to feed DS ( almost 6 months old ) and he will want to feed him, and tells me to go back to bed. He goes to the gym early mornings - between 4:30am-5am, then works at 7am till 3:30pm in the afternoon. I have told him many, many times i will feed bub, but he insists that he wants to do it because he loves to do it.
    Ps; DS feeds between 1-3 times most nights.

Does anyone elses hubby take over? I dont want to take away that bonding time for him if he truly wants to do it, but i feel extremely bad that he feeds him and sends me back to bed! He just wont listen to me when i say i will do it and that he should go back to bed.
    Good on your DP My DH has always been involved like that too. He is always up during the night on those odd tough nights when kids are sick etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. He works..... He leaves home at 5.15am and returns at 6.00pm. Except Saturday when he gets home at 3.30pm. His job allows me the financial freedom to be a sahm comfortably, and we both make sacrifices towards that. His is working 70+ hrs a week, so I see mine as doing all the parenting nitty gritty as such.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replys! So great to see so many hands on daddy's! I have insisted so many times i will feed but he really does enjoy it so i dont think i will take it away from him. Maybe i will convince him i will do one feed, and he do the other- because i do feel guilty, even though he wont let me do it! Very very grateful fo my amazing man. He loves doing as much as he possibly can to help me with DS.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post

She only woke overnight for 2 weeks, then it was 11-7 between feeds (and back to bed till 9 most days.
    He wasnt working or anything at that stage, we were very lucky he could have so much time at home. Now hes studying/working Id rather do nights (and guaranteed Ill get an hourly waker this time) and have him do mornings, since hes up anyway (and my little sleep in really revitalises me)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dp is on duty til 11ish I take over from there . He works big days and is on scaffolding. I'd hate for him to be tired and hurt himself . We sleep in seperate rooms on work nights .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I BF all my babies so he really couldn't do much....
    When he's awake he is amazing... When he's asleep, he's really not amazing. He hates getting up and needs time to "wake up naturally". :rollseyes:
    Give me STRENGTH. I leap out of bed when a mouse farts.
    But that's ok, because it's my role...?!?
    We have to plan days in advance if I am sleep deprived and he has to get up to any of the kids.
    Haha sounds like my DH!
    I'm BF DD so I don't personally feel us both being up is worthwhile. DH works with heavy machinery all day so I'd hate for him to be tired. One mistake in his job and he'd be hurt pretty bad. He also works crazy hours and is on call 2 weekends a month. We sleep in separate rooms when he's on.