+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can i start off by saying what awesome husbands you all have!!

My exDP didnt get up at all, i'd be crying pacing the halls and still nothing. He would get up if i went into our room screaming at him too because i was about to loose my sh!t. When DS was on a bottle he wouldnt even make a bottle if DS had woken while he was getting for work. I still had to get up and do it.... oh well. Good to know there are hands on dads out there anyway!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Can i start off by saying what awesome husbands you all have!!

My exDP didnt get up at all, i'd be crying pacing the halls and still nothing. He would get up if i went into our room screaming at him too because i was about to loose my sh!t. When DS was on a bottle he wouldnt even make a bottle if DS had woken while he was getting for work. I still had to get up and do it.... oh well. Good to know there are hands on dads out there anyway!
    Sounds exactly like my EX!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bubs are breastfeed, but DH wouldn't anyway which is fine with me as he works. If I'm exhausted I will often nudge him to go and settle if bubs doesn't need a feed but I always feel guilty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. Every single night, since they were newborn till now. Except when he's travelling.My youngest is 2 and still wakes up for nappy change and feed. I dont mind it at all. My husband handles baby and toddler better than I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our youngest is now 2 & sleeping through the night but yes he did most of the night feeds when I was no longer breastfeeding & even when I was feeding would pick them up, change their nappy & then wrap & put them down when I finished feeding. I'm very thankful just how hands on he is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No.

DH gets u at 4am to go to work to provide me with the luxury of being at home. He doesn't have the ability to stay in his PJs all day and doze on and off as I did when my babes were waking at night.

I did al night feeds for DS2. I was very unwell after DS1s birth so he did a large share of them, until I was well enough to take over. Granted our babies slept 12 hours a night from a couple of months old though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH was wonderful when ds was a newborn. Ds use to get up between 3-4 times a night and DH told me to stay in bed as well. I agree, I think it's a bonding thing. So many great daddy's we are all very luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your DH sounds awesome. I'd let him do it if he wants to, which it sounds like he does.

I breastfeed so there is only so much my DH can do, but he will try to resettle her sometimes for me.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    he got up every feed, did the bum change while i peed, then made me a milo while i fed.
    this time im happy for him to sleep, as long as he gets the toddler up in the morning so bub and i can sleep in

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my yes he does! DD was very full on and only slept for 20 mins at a time! If she slept longer I usually finally used that chance to do housework or feed myself or get dinner ready. I had no breaks and we discussed it, even if I did they were few and far between and was nothing compared to 8 hours away from the house without having to look after DD. If she has started to sleep better before I returned to work I would have done more night feeds. I did in fact do most of them anyway.