+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im still BF my DD who is 10 months old but she is up between 5-12984y7382957 times a night. After about the 150th time i usually nudge my DH up to get up to her and settle her. She really doesn't need 10+ feeds a night and since she does feed so much at night she barely eats solids.
    He will do it because generally the point where i wake him up is around the time I'm about to lose my sh!t. I don't think either one of us enjoy getting up to her at night time anymore.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Fox For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Breastfeeding is not one of his strengths. But I'm trying to nightwean dd (12 months) and he does get up several times a night to settle her without a boob. I am sick of being awake all night.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I BF'd both my girls, so No, DH doesn't wake to do night feeds.

Even him waking/staying awake to do nappy & resettle is a rarity. That is ok with me.

I don't see the point in both of us being up half the night. I'd prefer that he gets a good night sleep and is then able to look after the girls during the day so I can have a nap. (newborn stage when he was home/holidays etc).

Now the girls are older and I've stopped night feeding, the sleeping is better (dd2 is starting to sleep through), but dh will get up to give a cuddle if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD's are not biologically DF's but he is in every other way their father and they call him Dad. We got together a couple of months before they turned 2 and they were going through a horrible night terror stage that lasted about 6 months.
    He would get up to them every night, even after working 12 hour day shifts or going on to night shift and help me settle them.

He has said once this bub is here he would like it once we have been feeding well for a while (I told him about establishing BF) that he'd like if I could pump so he can get up and feed too. He really is a hands on Dad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No DH doesn't do night feeds, because he is up at 4 or 5 am for work and it suits me just fine. If im really struggling though he will help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH didn't get up when DS was a newborn, (in fact we often slept in separate rooms so he could sleep) but anytime DS has been sick, or unsettled or now we are trying to night wean he gets up once or twice a night to resettle him. If he is up in the night then I do the morning shift or vise versa. I am really grateful that he is willing to do that and I think its important that we are able to share the good and the bad.
    Last edited by ilovehats; 14-06-2012 at 10:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your DH sounds lovely. I BF my daughter but had quite a few issues in the first few months. My DH got up with me for most of the night feeds and helped by changing DD nappy or just sitting with us trying to keep me calm. I wouldn't have been able to continue BFing without his support. Now our DD is 10 months old and sleeps from 7-7 most nights but if she does cry in the night and need a cuddle or to be resettled he almost always jumps up before I have a chance. I too feel bad but he works full time and likes the opportunity to bond.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I BF, so DH can't take over feeds, however he usually gets up to our other 2 little ones if they need something during the night, or they're sick.
    And when DD2's reflux was at its worst, he spent many an hour pacing the floor with a screaming baby so I could get some rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We take turns. I do first feed, DF does next etc. Sometimes, usually on weekends, I'm very lucky and DF will do the morning feed and get DD up so I can grab an hour sleep in or so.

DD is a tradie so is used to waking early and can't sleep past 6:30am. However, if DF is working somewhere far the next day like Geelong, I'll do the full night feeds so he's rested enough to drive safely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD slept through from very early on, but for the first few months DH used to do a dream feed before he went to bed. Now if she ever wakes for any reason then it's usually him who goes to her. He can go back to sleep straight away after getting up, whereas I'm awake from then on if I do. He's always been happy to do it, as he feels fine the next day if he gets up.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub