+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does your DP/Hubby?

Does your DP/hubby do any feeds during the night regardless if he is working or not??

Just curious.

My DP takes over during the night for some reason. I get up to feed DS ( almost 6 months old ) and he will want to feed him, and tells me to go back to bed. He goes to the gym early mornings - between 4:30am-5am, then works at 7am till 3:30pm in the afternoon. I have told him many, many times i will feed bub, but he insists that he wants to do it because he loves to do it.
    Ps; DS feeds between 1-3 times most nights.

Does anyone elses hubby take over? I dont want to take away that bonding time for him if he truly wants to do it, but i feel extremely bad that he feeds him and sends me back to bed! He just wont listen to me when i say i will do it and that he should go back to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Sounds like it's a really special time between him and your DS, I wouldn't feel bad at all

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (14-06-2012),smallpotatoes  (14-06-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With our first DH would stay up till 10-11 to do the last feed before bed and then I would wake up for the 1-2am feed. With DD hubby would share the task of getting up through the night, even though he worked crazy hours... I am so grateful for my hubby he is so supportive and hands on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I BF all my babies so he really couldn't do much....
    When he's awake he is amazing... When he's asleep, he's really not amazing. He hates getting up and needs time to "wake up naturally". :rollseyes:
    Give me STRENGTH. I leap out of bed when a mouse farts.
    But that's ok, because it's my role...?!?
    We have to plan days in advance if I am sleep deprived and he has to get up to any of the kids.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When DD was a NB DH would get up and change DDs nappy then give her to me for a BF.
    But at 6 weeks old I had to stop BF for medical reasons and she was on a prescription formula. DH would make all the bottles in advance for me and I just heated them.
    She started sleeping 12 hours once she went on formula.

DH always cleaned and made all bottles for me though. He also did the 6am wake up feed every morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That sounds really nice for them to have some bonding time
    If he wants to, I say let him!

Dh got up with me for every night feed from day one, just to change DS nappy and then put him back to bed afterwards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish! You have a great DH! Let him keep doing it. I agree it is good bonding Time for them. My DH is also a man that is great when awake but he is almost in a coma when asleep. I will give him some credit though, if DD wakes up and he is already up for work he will give her a bottle. I just need to train DD to wake at that time every day! Ha ha!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh does night feeds, however dd is now sleeping through (16mo)
    but if she wakes up for cuddles he will go in first, if she wants me then I will go in. But most of the time she is happy with cuddles from dad.

By the time he gets home from work (6:30pm) dd is just about ready to go to bed so night feeds he would just do as he hadn't seen her all day (his words) he also leaves just as she wakes in the morning (6:00-7:00pm)

We have since pushed her bath time later (his request) so he is able to bath her and do the time for bed bed routine, I'm usually cooking dinner whilst this is happening.
    I have never asked him to do it, he has always just done it or asked if I could change around the routine a bit so he can see her more around his work hours.
    Me and DD are very blessed to have him

He spends quite a lot of time interacting with her, she loves her dad which I'm very grateful for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When our babies were breastfeed, DP would do the nappy change then sit up with me during the feed then he would resettle the baby. Once they were on to formula he would do the night time feeds even though he satrted work early, worked 12+ hours a day in a physical job. He used to tell me it was his quiet time with the baby. We have 4 children so when #2, 3 & 4 were born, the time when he first got home from work was so busy & chaotic he didn't really see the baby, so that night time feed was his quiet time to get to know our new baby. Now the kids are all older he has a wonderful close bond with all of them.

PS I am not saying that breastfeed babies who don't have a feed with their daddy don't have a close bond, of course they do, but in our family it was a bonding time that DP really enjoyed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP uset to get up with me & change DS get his bottle ready & make sure I was comfortable & DS was happy before going back to bed, sometimes he would do the feed & I would sit up with him or vice versa depending what sleep we had before DS woke. DP feed DS when ever he could during the day when he was home tho.