+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post
    But primary aged kids and younger see these men wearing them. It's not just about who is wearing them it's about the effect it has on everyone seeing this.
    I agree. I too feel very uncomfortable with children being exposed to these images and words.
    But your original post made specific reference to boys and men. I think it's important to acknowledge that women also carry these words and images on their clothing. It's not a male issue - it's a cultural and generational issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    To me it's no different to my daughters seeing me in a mini skirt or short shorts and strapless top. I just explain to them that mummy is a grown up, and that it's not nice for little girls to wear these sorts of clothes. If I had a son I would explain to him that they aren't suitable shirts for young boys and once he is older he can wear them all he wants. I guess it's about educating them. That's just me though and I do understand why people don't like them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (13-06-2012)

Similar Threads

1. Young/teen mums mothers group
    By laura20 in forum North Adelaide
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-07-2012, 11:29
  2. Wearing make up with a young baby
    By lovesushi in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-04-2012, 22:00
  3. Help please! Fun yet funky party games for the pre-teen/early teen crowd please!
    By Mod-biscotti in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17-02-2012, 23:15