+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bad skin, help!!

I've basically had a continuous pimple outbreak for around two months now, quite bad for a 31 year old; I look like a teenager. The pimples seem to mostly occur across the bottom half of my face, i.e. lower cheeks, chin and jawline. My skin is just a constant mess of pimples, blocked pores and scars from recent pimples.

Before it broke out badly, I started using Burt's Bees anti-blemish cleanser and moisturiser, and it seemed to improve for a short time. My make-up artist for my wedding also commented how my skin was in a much better condition moisture-wise since I had my trial, so that was good; I have always had dehydrated skin due to the fact I can't use decent moisturisers as they make me oily and I break out.

But in the two months since my wedding, my skin has just been dreadful, as described above. I'm so sick of it, but I don't have the funds to try a multitude of different products to try and find something that works on acne, yet still hydrates. I was wondering what Moo Goo was like for pimple prone skin, and what products from that range should I try? If Moo Goo would be unsuitable for my problem, what brands and/or products would you recommend?

Please don't suggest Pro-Active, I tried it a few years ago and it made my pimples flare up chronically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Sariele, I would put it down to all the hormones. Mine broke out terribly when on the pill and jabbing. It's just gone back to normal and I start again tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know just how you feel! I had bad acne all through my teenage years and honestly I think the only real way to properly clear it up is seeing your doctor and getting some medication. I think its called doxycycline. In my early 20's I had to see a dermatologist to get roaccutane (which is quite expensive as it is taken over 1 year and is monitored by the dermatologist).

But if you just want to try cleansers etc every dermatologist I have seen all recommend cetaphil cleanser. You can get it from the chemist and its very mild, it sort of feels like its not going to do anything but its very good.

At 26 I still get breakouts and I hate it! I hope you find something that helps soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or also if your on the pill ask to change to Brenda, this cleared my skin up perfectly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you thought about having chemical acid peels?
    They can be fantastic for clearing and maintaining clear skin. I bought a glycolic/lactic acid solution and use mildly every week and my skin has improved tenfold.
    Maybe something you could look into and see if it would be right for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That is a text book hormonal area have you changed pills or anything similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They can be fantastic for clearing and maintaining clear skin. I bought a glycolic/lactic acid solution and use mildly every week and my skin has improved tenfold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happyslapper View Post
    Where do you buy that stuff from ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    the pill(Brenda) is the onyl thign to have helped me and it was within a month on starting that mine cleared up- currently not on it and the outbreaks have started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I'm doing IVF so I can't go back on the pill, however I don't think it's the IVF hormones either as my skin was bad three or four weeks before I even started my cycle.

Thanks for your suggestions though, I will look into a couple of them.