+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bleed 12w6days! Help!

Just got home from work and went to get undressed when I noticed some bright red blood on my underpants. I've had a pad on now for 20 minutes and nothing else??? No cramping either.

I have my nuchal scan tomorrow morning at 10am. Do you think I should go to hospital or wait for morning??

Freaking out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would call your hospital (you can usually speak to a nurse in emergency). They will be able to tell you what to do. I hope everything is ok and yes easier said than done but try not to worry too much, I have had many friends who have had bleeding throughout early stages of pregnancy and have gone on to have healthy pregnancies and bubs. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs, bleeding/spotting in pregnancy is scary.

As hard as it is, if it has stopped and you are not feelign any different I would wait till tomorrow. The hospital wouldn't do a lot at this stage unless you were heavily bleeding or had other symptoms.

Good luck, I hope all is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    I would call your hospital (you can usually speak to a nurse in emergency). They will be able to tell you what to do. I hope everything is ok and yes easier said than done but try not to worry too much, I have had many friends who have had bleeding throughout early stages of pregnancy and have gone on to have healthy pregnancies and bubs. Fingers crossed for you.
    I agree.
    I did have many bleeds during early and mid pregnancy, some were quite heavy and lasted for a few days. I also had mild cramping.
    All was just fine. Dd is now 16mo
    it is extremely stressful to go through.
    The fact you haven't had any more bleeding and no cramps is a very good sign.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hospital doesn't take calls you have to ring a central statewide number and they ask all manner of crazy questions and then generally refer you to a dr. Frustrating! I had a bleed much heavier than this with my son at 6.5 weeks and he's nearly 3. DH is away for 6 weeks so I have noone to look after DS and don't want to take him to emergency.

I wish pregnancy cause a window to appear on the palm of your hand so you could see what was going on in there!!! I hate this worry!!!

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i bled from 8 weeks to 13 weeks, but nothing heavy.

the main thing to watch out for is cramping, if that starts then get to hospital ASAP.

There is not much they can do for you unless you are in pain anyway, so i would not go unless you are experiencing pain or if the worry is getting too much to handle. Considering it has subsided and there is no pain i would wait it out until tomorrow.

Such a shame you cannot call the midwife?

But having had two miscarriages and bleeding in normal pregnancies as well, there is nothing much they can do for you anyway…so again if it is difficult for you to go then i would wait until tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! It's nice to have a sounding board!

I'm a true believer in what will be will be. So I guess I will see what the next 24 hours brings

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i should have mentioned my last pregnancy where i bled from week 8 to 13 resulted in a beautiful baby boy who is 9 months old. I am sure you will be fine.

keep positive - tomorrow is not faraway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kpet,

Just wanted to see how your ultrasound was?
    I hope everything was ok?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy heartbeat happy baby!! No evidence of bleeding and everything looks good. Just slight brown discharge now, so fingers crossed it stays this way!!
    Attached Images

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kpet For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (14-06-2012),Ulysses  (14-06-2012),Wise Enough  (14-06-2012)