+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default B6 + restavit

Has anyone had any success using b6 3 times a day, and restavit at night? I went to the Chemist today who refused to sell me restavit!! I told her I was quite certain that I will suffer from HG again, and have beeen on the b6s for 2 months, then she told me its not for use in pregnancy!!!
    My sister in law told me to just go to another chemist and say Im not preg its to help me sleep.. ANY thoughts ?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have been taking doxylamine (sold as restavit, dozile, sleep well etc) for months for ongoing morning sickness. I just take it by itself, but I've read that b6 helps.

I've bought quite a lot of boxes at different chemists, and they are always funny about selling it as they haven't heard of it but i've never been refused it.

I found it more effective than maxalon, but not as strong as zofran. For example, if I take it at night at the moment, and then at work the next day (including the bus commute which flares up my ms), I'm fine, almost no nausea and definitely no vomiting. Last week I forgot to take it on a work night, and I threw up when I got up, felt awful all day, then threw up in the bushes when I got home as I couldn't make it to the toilet.

When you go to the chemist, just tell them your doctor recommended it. When they check their book thing, they will see it's in the A category, so they can sell it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

number3  (13-06-2012)

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's not that it can't be used in pregnancy, it's that the medication is not indicated for this use. Because restavit is a 'pharmacist only' medication it can only be sold for it's indicated use, pharmacists can get into a lot if trouble for selling stuff other than the way they should. Theoretically you should get a script for it (or just tell the pharmacist it's to help you sleep!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to swizzlestick For This Useful Post:

number3  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have found it so helpful! Maxalon did nothing for me but the restavit b6 combo improved things to the point where i was able to work. It does make me even more tired but that seems worth it. I had probs with pharmacists too so ended uo getting my dh to go and say he needed them for sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this problem in the chemist in the next town from me, they asked me what it was for and silly me said for morning sickness.

They weren't going to give it to me because of what it says on the pack. I got really annoyed and said I am fully aware what's written on the box and my dr is the one who told me to use it!

They were most appalled with me! Haha! I got dirty looks from them as I left as though I was knowingly harming my unborn baby!

You can get a script for them if you et refused, that's how I initially got them cos he knew I may have that problem.

You probably won't need the b6 as well. It works so well that I forget I'm pregnant!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

number3  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls I have an appt with my gp tonight so will ask her 2 write me a script 4 it as all the feedback seems to be that it helps greatly! I'm working & studying with kids to look after so I'm really hoping to find something to b prepared shld hg appear soon..