+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My Toddler....

HI There

Just wondering if there is some sleep regression or wonder week or something that hits at almost 20 months???

We have had a good run for past few mths with her day sleep, down at 12ish, asleep by 12.30 until 2.30-3pm

For the past week and a half she has been taking over an hour to fall asleep, just in there mucking around, (happily in there) It drives me crazy and I have been turning the monitor off.
    One day she didnt sleep at all.
    The last 2 days I have had to rock her off to sleep, by 2pm. (at my wits end)

She is so active. We do morning activities every day. I accept that maybe I need to push her sleep back by 2pm from what was an easy midday??

Im hoping it is just teeth. She has the same routine every day for bedtime with a bottle and story.

I dont know what it is... any tips??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's just a toddler thing because my son was always a great sleeper and always went straight to sleep on his own he is now 22 months old and most days i now have to pat him to get him to sleep or he won't go to sleep and over the last couple of months he has started waking atleast twice during the night and then wakes very early between 4.30am - 5.00am. Sometimes it takes me forever to get him back to sleep at night it get's so frustrating but my guess is teething or it's just a stage some kids go thru.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happy86 For This Useful Post:

Manny  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 21 months and for the last wk she has been doing EXACTLY what you describe. She is the most predictable sleeper usually 7.30pm-7.30am with a 2 hour nap midday. This came out of nowhere for us.

I'm almost certain it's teething. For the past 2 nights she has gone back to sleeping thru 7.30-7 again so all is well again. We thought it might go on forever but luckily only lasted 5 days. We gave her nurofen for the teething and bonjela a few times. She had runny nose too. Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovable For This Useful Post:

Manny  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is almost 25 months old, and has been having days latley of no sleep. He's still usually great at night - he'll occasionally wake at 5, but I'm normally quite sure its because he's become cold (polar fleece sleep suits seem to have sorted that out, thankfully).

The day time is a whole different caper lately (as usual!). This past long weekend, he didn't sleep at all during the day. I was so exhausted by the end of it! Then yesterday he slept for 2 hours. I just don't get it! He had morning activity all days, ate a good amount, had a poo... what gives?!

Then today he spent the day with grandma and had to sleep on her couch b/c his cot there was being used by his 8 month old cousin (fair enough!). Apparently he happily went to sleep, having first refused his dummy (what the?!), slept for 2.5 hours and woke up and announced to grandma "Nice bed".

I dunno... must be some sort of phase they all go through somewhere around this age. Worries me that he's worse for me though... how on earth can I tidy/clean the house if he's not asleep?!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ricepudding For This Useful Post:

Manny  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you do much for replying.

I lost ut today, was a bad day. My gorgeous baby is a hard toddler. My sil told me to chill out & my dh told me I'm not mentally stable for another child. Sad day.

I will persevere as best I can. thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    "nice bed" haha I had to have a giggle (easy when it's not your's). My toddler has all over the shop in the last month or so too and he's only 18 months eeeek! He went through a stage where he refused a day sleep occasionally or played in bed until 2pm then went to sleep (from 12) and also not going to sleep until 9pm some nights even though he's clearly tired (still doing this). He seems to be sleeping quite well once he's asleep at the moment touch wood but has the occasional night waking. I'm just trying to go with it.

Hugs to you Manny, I have had days like that where I'm the one thinking I couldn't cope with another child and other days are just wonderful. Things have been better since I've tried to stop worrying about what he is doing. If he's happy in there then I leave him be and try not I worry about the consequences. I always have many more bad days when my DH is away. It always seems easier when we handle things as a team. Hang in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovable View Post
    My dd is 21 months and for the last wk she has been doing EXACTLY what you describe. She is the most predictable sleeper usually 7.30pm-7.30am with a 2 hour nap midday. This came out of nowhere for us.

I'm almost certain it's teething. For the past 2 nights she has gone back to sleeping thru 7.30-7 again so all is well again. We thought it might go on forever but luckily only lasted 5 days. We gave her nurofen for the teething and bonjela a few times. She had runny nose too. Good luck.
    Wow your DD sleeps well can we swap toddlers lol my DS has turned into a terrible sleeper waking during the nights then every morning so early, and we have started trying for our second baby im just hoping his sleeping get's sorted by then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There is a sleep regression 18-24mths. My DD1 is going thru it ATM but it's looking like she's coming thru it.

Google it for more info but all your bubs are showing various characteristics of the regression.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look for two year old molars... They were horrible for my boys to cut!

Goodluck! Hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have all made me feel so much better thank you all so much for your replies!

She is usually a really good sleeper and like clockwork and yes luckily it isnt affecting her night time routine, just her day.

Today we stayed in all morning, chilled out and she took 20 mins to drop off by 1.20pm... so thats a better start.

My SIL was trying to be supportive yesterday by telling me I need to chill out and accept that she was dropping her day sleep, which didnt help at all, so I thank you all again!!