+ Reply to Thread
    futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default PG after a loss, what did you do.

I am trying not to stress but I want some reassurance.

When you got pg again after your loss did you get multiple hcg tests? how often did you have them? Did you keep doing POAs was there anything that helped you feel better?

I am currently 4w1d.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know exactly how you feel. I have had 7m/c all up the last 4 I was being monitored through a fertility clinic. I am currently 17 weeks pg and this time around I had bloods done every 2-3 days, while it was reassuring to see your levels go up every time, it was very draining emotionally as every time I would call to get my results i was waiting for that "I'm sorry looks like your hcg or progesterone levels have dropped'.

You could POAS to reassure yourself but only do it every second day as your hcg levels double (roughly) every 48hrs so doing it daily would be a waste of money.

I think the only thing you can do is just relax and if it's meant to be it will, so much easier said than done I know!! Also keep in mind that once you hit 7 weeks and have seen bub on early ultrasound the risk of miscarriage drops to like 2%.

All the best xx

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks guys, I dont think POAS would help me as much as getting Hcg tests. This will be my second one tonight and I will have to go back for my results Friday so I might push for another one Friday. Maybe after that I can relax a bit. I will be having my dating scan at 6w6d on the 2nd of July...it couldn't come any sooner!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I lost my son at 20 weeks and I have 2 mc early on in the pregnancy. I POAS a lot and felt I was buying all the HPTs in the store (lol) I also got a lot of blood tests for my piece of mind between when I found out I was pregnant and my first ultrasound.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did quite a few POAS and asked my doctor for an early dating scan due to a previous m/c. I ended up having my scan at 10 weeks due to work commitments at the time but could have had it done earlier to ease my mind.