+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi - same boat here, starting back at work in the city tomorrow.

Contrary to popular choice of doing 3 days in a row, I definitely do not prefer this. I will be doing mon, wed and thurs then prob will change to tues, wed and fri down the track a bit. For me, as a single Mum it's too much doing 3 consecutive days. Having a day in between breaks it up and I only ever have to commute 2 days in a row so if I'm really tired one week it's bearable. still geet a long weekend but I love my 2 week days off as it's less busy everywhere and we can join the other Mums and bubs in activities/at the park. DS will stay with daddy 2 nights a week and he can drop him at kindy the next morning so I can get off to work hastle free and come home early to pick him up.

Same, I'm lucky I'm in a job where there's demand so I got to pick and choose my hours/days and a good hrly rate. I commute on the train but it's comforatble enough and I'll just watch shows on my netbook.

If you have hubby at home then I guess you can choose whatevcer suits but I like splitting my days up a bit. I don't really care about long weekends being a single parent anyway and there's really not that many public holidays. I'm looking forward to changing to tue,wed and fridays as I can go for friday drinkies in the city with friends and DS can stay at daddy's As you can see I've thought a lot about this!

Also, I think splitting the days up a bit works better for bubs/toddler, well in my case anyway. A four day weekend is a bit long and boring for us. A bit of variety is better.
    Last edited by Ellewood; 13-06-2012 at 13:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugardumplin' View Post
    Firstly, lots of public holidays fall on Mondays, so you'll pay for child care, but not actually use it.
    Can I just add, I chose Monday to work specifically because of all the public holidays. I'm permanent part-time so I'll get paid public holidays. Then I get two day weeks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

avenew05  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    Can I just add, I chose Monday to work specifically because of all the public holidays. I'm permanent part-time so I'll get paid public holidays. Then I get two day weeks!
    Hmm I will consider this myself - I'm starting as a contractor but may go perm P/T too, and I had a looksies, there's quite a few P/hols on a monday next year....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    I worked Mon, Tues in the office and Weds from home. Dd went to daycare for these 3 days. I chose Mondays for the PH too. 😃 I was permanent part time and my wage far outweighed the dc cost. I def think the 3 days in a row was the best for Dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work 3 days a week and do Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.

Love having the Monday off so it is always a long weekend. I also finding working the Tuesday then having a day off makes the Thursday, Friday seem real easy to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do mon, tues, thurs. It works really well. It means I'm not away from the office for consecutive days (better with clients and stops work piling up!) and I get a 3 day weekend with a day off mid-week. Perfect!