+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Feel the tension in this house!

Ok- not really sure of the point of this post, I just feel I need to vent somewhere (and better here than one facebook ).

So, I'm currently living at my parents house. I pay board of $150 per/week for myself and my 6yr old son. I moved in about 6months ago to save some money. In that time, my Dad lost his job and my sister moved back in (after about 4months of living with her partners parents) with her 2 kids- 5yr old and 2yr old. Previous arrangements with my sister was that she buy food instead of paying board (not really any of my business).

So, I think my Dad has depression. He doesn't do anything throughout the day. He'll wake up at 10am- watch telly, play on the puter and back to watching telly. We don't talk- not really sure why. He wont even stack/unstack the dishwasher, do the washing- nothing. When I get home from work, I cook dinner, do the washing, parent my son etc. He usually has seperate dinners which Mum cooks when she gets home.

My sister and my Mum had a fight on the weekend. My sister got angry at my Mum allowing my nephews (who were over for a sleep over) to have a 2nd bowl of cereal saying there'll be none for her kids through the week. Ever since- she hasn't been doing anything around the house either. She'll stay out til 8pm with the kids and than come home and all go to bed straight away.

Atm- I feel this is such a toxic place to live. No-one is talking to anyone (Mum and I are the only ones really talking to each other, and she'll occasionally talk to Dad).

I'm supposed to be saving. We're (Mum, Dad, myself and my son) are supposed to be going on a round Aus trip in July 2013. I buy my caravan in 9months and than I'm considering living in it...somewhere, just to get out of this toxic place. But am I pushing the boundaries even for the 9months?
    Last edited by SimplyMum; 13-06-2012 at 12:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I might suggest that, although it is a choice made by her after she didn't "want" to give my Dad money (he makes sure he gets it where as she would only do shopping if she had some spare cash- after the Maccas for lunch and dinners out of course).
    My sister is a rare species. She's great if things are going swimmingly for her but the moment things are not going her way- she'll cry depression or "I have a knife- should I do it". If this doesn't get the reaction she was looking for, she'll try another tactic- usually it'll involve bouncing from her parents place (when she is broken up from the FOB) to FOB parents house (when she is WITH the FOB).
    My Mum usually bends to it- Dad is happy whenever anyone "needs" him.

The kids......both home from school today because she couldn't be bothered driving to the pre-school which is literally a 5min drive (I could walk there in 10min).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my mum here for 4.5 weeks, then we all spent 4 days with my brother setting things up for him. It was hard! I think you have done well for this long.