+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    That's cool that you feel comfortable with him, but the statistics of abuse would have me being extraordinarily cautious.

Anyway, that's obviously completely OT, so I apolegise.
    Yes, that fair enough. But this is not about the possiblity of being abused. I can't not ever let another man in my life incase his a paedofile. I admit I would not have him stay over so soon if he were not friends with Ls boyfriend. I would not be comfortable with that. M knew of him prior to me, so he is not a total stranger i picked up last week KWIM.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What kind of fool would steal money out of a wallet when he was the only possible cuplrit? The main deterrent in stealing is the fear of being caught... If there were only the four of you in the house when the money disappeared, he is either innocent or a kleptomaniac...

Is there any way you can get in touch with this girl who was sleeping on the couch?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (14-06-2012),Mod-Myztik  (13-06-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So let me get this straight, he doesnt have a history of stealing its just that some chicks money went missing and she blames him rather then her then boyfriend then said sorry it was a mistake...hardly criminal behaviour.
    Hardly a history of stealing.

And the whole pedo thing is a bit extreme. You never really know people and after 10 years you could find out they are a pedo even peoples own husbands can do that so I hardly think its relevant. Same as how often he stays at the house, they are in the lovey dovey stage and it happens.
    OP ignore it other wise this poor guy is going to end up a looking like he should be on Australias most wanted..lol according to bubhub of course.

In light of the new information I dont think he did it I think your friend is up to something or is a bit slow and loses money left right and center.

Sorry thats my honest opinion however I dont know these people.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

littlegreengeisha  (13-06-2012),Mod-Myztik  (13-06-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    She may have just wanted to think better of him. She may not have thought that he'd be stupid enough to steal cash from here when he WAS the only possible culprit (and he has a history.
    Heck, she might just be plain stupid and not have considered it at all.

But what I want to know is, WHY did she back down when he gave her the money? I'm sorry, but that sounds like a guilty conscience to me. If I thought someone had stolen my money and I was certain enough to accuse them of it to their face you can be DAMN sure that I wouldn't be stopping until I got every red cent back.
    My reaction would be "Great, $100 of it, now where's the rest you scumbag!". No freakin' way would I stop there, especially if it was for my child's daycare. Or even just grocery shopping.

I'm sorry, but the whole thing smacks of a set up to me. Maybe she just got sick of him always being there. That's fair enough and reasonable, she pays rent too. But you've got to ask yourself... Would she do it?

Edit to add: I didn't mean that it was reasonable to set him up... Just that it was reasonable to get sick of him if he was hanging around a lot! *chuckle*.
    Last edited by Eko; 13-06-2012 at 17:20.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    maybe the flatmate had a crush on him and got shirty when he didn't notice. the saying about a scorned woman eludes me at the moment.....and just because you've been friends with someone for 11 yrs doesn't mean they will tell you the truth...i was friends with someone for 20yrs who i considered my bestie and she did nothing but back stab and lie to to me for years until my DH pointed it out when we got together...i use to make excuses for her behaviour.No more I cut that toxic wench and her friends out of our lives and have never been happier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Didn't you say you had separate lounge rooms and only shared a kitchen?? Why would she leave her bag in your lounge room where he was?
    The whole thing doesn't add up to me. If it was his last 100 then where is the other 80?
    I would listen to the best friend and keep in mind it is her sister so of course she will stick up for her but I don't know if I believe the house mate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the whole thread but perhaps if you are leaning more towards believing him over her, you could convince him to take the matter to the police or at least tell her that he will be and that she will need to get her story straight and will probably need to provide evidence that she had the amount of 180 in her wallet by providing a bank statement.. And to prove that her childcare bill is that amount etc. it might be enough to get either of them to speak the truth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few things don't add up .

First, it's not proven S took the other money so he doesn't have a proven history of stealing. Second why is L s bf good friends with S if he is such a scumbag. And if S is such a scumbag why did L and M bring him over ? Yeah it's all a bit wierd.

And if I thought there was a thief in the house i would not leave my bag in the lounge room.

Personally I think M is jealous of your relationship with S and wants to sabotage it. That's what I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a set up to me.
    If there was such a problem with him then why did they bring him to your house?

And why did she knowingly leave her hand bag with money in it around a thief?

If it was his last $100, where is the other $80? And why was she happy to drop the subject even though she was still supposedly another $80 down?

Doesn't add up at all, very suss.
    Hope you get to the bottom of it OP, I feel for you being stuck in this situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very suspicious indeed!!

I smell a set up!