+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    I mostly find it really odd that your housemate knew what S was like, made sure she counted her money before she went to bed, then left her wallet out in her handbag for anyone/everyone to gain access to, after accusing S of being a thief and such. Makes no sense to me.
    This is more the point I was trying to make with leaving a handbag out under the coffee table and knowing someone was in the house who used to get accussed of stealing. Should have worded it better ..

Guest Guest
    I don't think it's that easy to misplace $180 though. If I had that much money in my wallet I'd know exactly how much I've got (and always do because I don't carry cash unless I have to pay something) and she was in her home so why wouldn't she leave her handbag lying around? I would never think my housemates boyfriend would steal it, even if I knew a chinese whisper about him I wouldnt think to start hiding my stuff at home?
    It seems too coincidental, maybe she did lose it that day without realising, not sure how that would happen though, if I lost that much money I'd realise pretty quickly and my wallet or bag would go missing with it not just the cash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the fact she says she counted it before she went to be seems a little strange. Is it normal to count your money every night? And then leave it out when she knows this guys past? On the other hand $180 seems like a fairly specific amount. This is a tough one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Who knows. It cold be your housemate lost her money, or your boyfriend stole it. I wouldn't have your boyfriend over to your house while it's all getting sorted.

To be honest I think it's a little rude when someone moves their boyfriend in 'part time' without checking with all the housemates first. Your boyfriend has obviously overstayed his welcome (either because he nicked the money or you didn't check with your housemates before moving him in). I'd also be concerned if you continued to have a boyfriend stay over in your house when you don't trust him (there are kids!). Regardless, it would create a toxic environment to have your boyfriend stay over.

I agree with pp's: date him outside the home. Soon enough you will know whether he can be trusted (including around $).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

waterlily  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If there was a man I didn't know very well in my house I wouldn't be leaving my bag and wallet in the lounge room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post
    If there was a man I didn't know very well in my house I wouldn't be leaving my bag and wallet in the lounge room.
    And I wouldn't be leaving my kids door unlocked either.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Jakois  (13-06-2012)

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LollyDolly View Post
    I think the fact she says she counted it before she went to be seems a little strange. Is it normal to count your money every night? And then leave it out when she knows this guys past? On the other hand $180 seems like a fairly specific amount. This is a tough one.
    I get where you're coming from... However, I am the type of "budget-er" that draws cash out for each thing I need to pay (ie petrol, daycare, doctor etc etc), so if I had to pay daycare the next day, its likely that I would have counted the cash before I went to bed to ensure I had enough to cover everything.

OP, honestly, it's a crappy situation to be in. If it were me, i'd be inclined to trust the people i've known for 11 years over someone i'd only just started to get to know. I'm not saying that he did it, but perhaps like other people have said, date him outside the home to get to know him more and then make up your mind.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So how much money did he have in his wallet when he gave her the $100? Did he have $180 in there??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    The only thing that sets the alarm bells ringing for me is that M left her bag in the lounge room! Who does that? Has she done that before? Sounds like a very dodgy setup to me. The only other thing that has me miffed is giving his last $100 to give to M. DH and I don't share house with anyone and I always take my bag into the bedroom. I wouldn't leave it under the coffee table .. ever!
    Well I would have who takes their bag into their bedroom every night even when they're not sharing a house? I leave my bag anywhere in the house at night.. sometimes it's in the loungeroom.. sometimes it's in the kitchen etc etc. It's not that strange.. really.

OP - I think you're in a difficult position. I find the fact that he had previous problems (people think he was stealing) to be a big point against him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm another that knows exactly what's in my wallet at all times, partly bc I mainly use eftpos so I often have no more than $50 on me and having cash has a purpose i.e. DD's school fee or pie drive money.

If the $180 was to pay fees she probably withdrew that exact amount for it so knows how much was there.