+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know how you feel OP. My ex was terrible. He not only expected me to do everything, but then had a whinge if I didnt do it the way he wanted me to. Stop work actions did nothing. I once left the dishes for 3 weeks waiting for him to do them. The pile grew huge and then grew mould and still nothing. Yet he complained every day for those three weeks about how gross the kitchen looked and how he had no dishes. I caved in the end because it made me feel sick to look at it. I also did all the yard work as well. I wondered when I left him how he would survive and when I moved out I got my answer.........He moved in with his mother who was very happy to wait on him hand and foot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-v9HNI968

This was my song for him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    *claps* well said!

DH learned very quickly that of clothes weren't put in the bathroom or laundry, they didn't get washed. Work uniforms included.

Ask him to take the rubbish out "yeah I will".... Uh, it's been 3 days and the bin is overflowing. So I use this as an excuse to start nagging.

He complains occasionally that the house isn't clean enough. So I go in strike and show him exactly what the house would look like if I did really do nothing but sit on my butt all day.

He soon gets the message. In fact (after 6.5 years) he is finally starting to even help with the housework- WITHOUT BEING ASKED!! Mind you it's normally only wiping the kitchen bench down on a Saturday morning, but it's a start!!
    LOVE IT! i realised very early on my DH had different standards than I and yes i admit i used to be a bit anal about how clean and tidy things had to be and i've relaxed a fair bit after having DS and going back to work, but i still can't stand clothes on the floor or the bathroom bench.
    he's brought his standards up a little too in regards to the house cleaning so it's much better now
    He works longer hours than me so i'm choosy with what i ask him to do; i only ask him to do certain things he will do properly and promptly and if i work more he knows he has to pick up some of the slack

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVE HAD ENOUGH!!!! Vent

My dp used to have a dig at me nightly about how the washing was never done. I would say I do a.load a day.. Wash it.. Hang it out.. Bring it in.. And put it away. She told me it didnt add up because the basket was always full. I ended up taking a video of myself showing how after 3sets of pjs and 3sets of clothes the basket gets full very quick. No digs since!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVE HAD ENOUGH!!!! Vent

I stopped washing dh's clothes after he kept leaving them on the bathroom floor but his definition of doing a load of washing is to put it in the machine and turn it on. Doesn't check it (it often gets out of balance) put it in the dryer, take out, fold or pack away.

Also thinks I only do my washing. What about our sons, our sheets, our towels, our tea towels, the steam mop covers etc etc?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVE HAD ENOUGH!!!! Vent

I hear you, a strike does nothing just means in 24. Hours i have an even bigger mess to deal with .

Dirty dishes left in his man cave then dumped on the sink 4 days old, when i refuse to wash them they sit ON the sink for another 4 days til i get.jack and wash them, 'in a minute' / 'soon' = Never / youre ****ing lying i didny say i would do that

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVE HAD ENOUGH!!!! Vent

DH kept leaving wet towels on the bed so I started putting them on his pillow. He chucks them on the carpet now *sigh* the washing basket is 2 feet away. He does a 'cleanup' once a week or so, which entails throwing everything that's on the floor into drawers or the wardrobe so I have to rewash everything because the clean is mixed with the dirty. And he pees on the loo seat which is a nice surprise when I need to pee in the middle of the night.