+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVE HAD ENOUGH!!!! Vent

DH...thats IT!!!! Im NOT pickign your clothes up off the floor ANYMORE!!!! Im not your DAM mother!!!! If you cant have the decenscy (sp?) to put your DAM clothes in the laundry, GUESS WHAT....THEY DONT GET WASHED!!!!!!!!

unless YOU put the dishes away IM NOT WASHING AMYMORE!!!!!!!!!!! If you dont put the folded washing away, IM NOT FOLDING AMYMORE!!!!!!!

Dam it ive HAD ENOUGH!!! Its hard enough picking up after TWO kids ALL DAY...Im NOT picking up after YOU TOO!!! We're suposed to be a team.

I asked you ages ago to put the washed dishes away and the folded laundry away but you NEVER DO IT!!!!! I continue to ask you to out your clothes in the laundry but you NEVER DO IT!!!

Thats IT!!!!! COme to me in a months time and tell me you've got no clothes to wear...TOUGH, you didnt put them in the laundry!!!!!!!

IM DONE!!! IM NOT YOUR DAM MOTHER!!!!!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

austmum  (13-06-2012),Bonkers  (13-06-2012),ICanDream  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *claps* well said!

DH learned very quickly that of clothes weren't put in the bathroom or laundry, they didn't get washed. Work uniforms included.

Ask him to take the rubbish out "yeah I will".... Uh, it's been 3 days and the bin is overflowing. So I use this as an excuse to start nagging.

He complains occasionally that the house isn't clean enough. So I go in strike and show him exactly what the house would look like if I did really do nothing but sit on my butt all day.

He soon gets the message. In fact (after 6.5 years) he is finally starting to even help with the housework- WITHOUT BEING ASKED!! Mind you it's normally only wiping the kitchen bench down on a Saturday morning, but it's a start!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww how frustrating!! I hate feeling like the only one doing anything around the place!

I have a suggestion that might help No need to take it if you dont like but it works for me and my partner pretty well.. as we are both pretty terrible at cleaning/keeping up without it..

I made a list of "chores" for all of us to do daily at set times. No excuses. We all have to do it and no one sits down till their done That way it becomes routine rule and everyone pitches in

I only have two set times a day (as I was recently just at tafe so no one was really home until about 2-3pm each day)

The first set is "When we get home OR 3pm if already home" and is

Unpack Bags
    homework
    Tidy lounge area and fix couch throw
    change out of uniforms etc and put them in the basket
    Put load on to wash
    bring in load from yesterday (or out of dryer if we've been lazy hehe) Fold and put away
    Dishes
    Tidy Bedrooms, make beds
    Wipe down table, and coffee table etc

Then the second set is broken into two parts, after dinner then after kdis are in bed.. They are

Dishes/Kitchen
    Kids tidy lounge area and toys, bath kids, brush teeth etc
    Hang out clothes (or dryer LOL)
    all dirty clothes in washing basket for tomorow
    Vaccume lounge area and main traffic areas
    Mop kitchen and laundry
    pack bags and lunches
    feed dogs

Then on Sundays I have a Sunday Morning List that must be done before we do anything else, its all the stuff not done throughout the week on a checklist (we Check if it needs doing because in some cases it doesnt and then do it) Things like cleaning out bathrooms, proper toilet cleans, wall wiping, dusting, vaccuming bedrooms, washing sheets, cleaning out car etc..

It sounds like A LOT but when you all pitch in and follow routine it takes seriously maybe 30mins in total out of each day and an hour out of sundays (you could rearrange it to after church or after anything that you HAVE to do in the mornings if lifestyle needs mean this)

Before I did this we were honestly pigs!! I got so overwhealmed and depressed at the state of my house, sometimes we still fall behind a little bit but I honestly can say it makes a HUGE difference and you dont feel anymore like it is all dumped on you

My house is now immaculate about 95% of the time and only occasionally a little messy but never how it used to be, and I always have clothes!! We all always have clothes!! hehe

Hope this helps hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and we spent about a whole weekend prior to starting said chores getting the house up to scratch so it would be like "starting fresh"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My favourite way of dealing with this, is to pick up after them, all their dishes and clothes and little bits and pieces. And dumping it on their side of the bed. Or in their favourite chair. Somewhere like that. Or in the car, if you don't have a shared one. They generally get the message when they go to go to bed and suddenly there's a pile of cr@p on their bed that they then have to move to get into it, and when they ask what it is, you simply smile very sweetly and go "You forgot a few things today, honey, and I knew you wouldn't want to go to bed without doing them, so I thought I'd just give you a helping hand."

Thanks
    Reviews
    I applaud you ladies!!

For years I have been picking up after DP...stacking the dishwasher after he puts his dirty plates right near it (but never IN it) and washing, ironing and then having to put his clothes away as well!

No more!

I love the ideas above, and I will put some of them into action. Let's see what happens...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'll count my blessings.. my dp won't allow me to do his washing, he prefers to do it himself, we don't live together yet but when I stay at his house and need to do some washing I do mine separately.. works fine for me
    How did some men survive before meeting their partners I wonder?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I vent too?? My dh seems to think that bcus he works, he can pop out for a beer and come home and just sit on the couch. I'm running around like a headless chook with a naught toddler and an unhappy newborn and he's just sitting on the darn couch oblivioius to it all!
    I'll ask him if he could check the veggies and I get a response thats too nasty to write on bub hub. I can't remember the last time he vacuumed, washed dishes, put the washing machine on, made the beds, picked stuff up off the floor without winging and complaining! Seriously DH you live here too!! Just because you go to work each day dosent mean that you shouldnt have to contribute to household stuff and general parenting! Pull your socks up and be a parent with me. I shouldn't have to ask you to change a nappy, put a wash on, etc. Just do it. It'd get done quicker if you stopped carrying on!
    ....I don't feel any better after that vent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tips I learnt from my mother growing up a little silly but effective,

I ask for bins to be taken out and they won't so I take the bin and put it in place of his computer desk chair.... Sure as hell notices the bin then

Clothes left on floor? Put them all on his side Of the bed and take his pillow

Didn't work? Everything gets chucked on the lawn...

Eventually he won't risk his stuff getting thrown outside by the crazy lady lol I don't repeat myself, I ask only one time and expect it to be done lol works good for kids I was always to scared to go out when my room was a mess incase I came home to everything chucked on the lawn lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two words OP... Industrial Action!!

I need to go "on strike" approx twice a year. I announce a 24 hour stop work and follow through, no matter how much it grates on me. I've even had to leave the house on some occasions! It's worth it though. 24 hours of DH doing ALL the cooking, cleaning, laundry AND looking after DD, and he's soon picking up after himself again... For a few months anyway