+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think mine must be high too, Sariele. I just can't go too long without eating. I always bring fruit and nuts to work but apparantly this is wrong! I can't gorge on huge meals and eat nothing else. I prefer smaller meals plus snacks throughout the day.

Funny thing is, I cop it here at work for "how much I eat" but I'm only one of two in the entire office without a noticable weight issue.

Sorry, my whole grain sandwich, nuts, crackers, water and fruit just don't compare to their skipping breakfast, pie, donut and can of coca cola for lunch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm a snacker with a high metabolism. If I eat one big meal though it throws me. I function a lot better when I'm eating constantly rather than in big specific meals at specific times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeah, my metabolism is very high too I find small meals frequently are a lot better for me vs less frequent huge meals.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have a high metabolism. I just eat 5 small meals a day. And when I say meals, I mean an apple and some cheese is a meal. A small bowl of oats and a coffee is a meal.
    Some people think "Oh, I couldn't eat 5-6 meals a day! I'd be full all day!". Well yeah, you would be if you were eating a 'square' meal every time.

I subscribe to the idea that 5 smaller meals a day is a lot healthier than 3 large meals. It keeps your metabolism (whether high or low) ticking over and is better for concentration because you don't get distracted by being hungry lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i always tease my mum because it seems she's always snacking on something even shortly before or after a meal haha.
    She snacks on anything from apples/stone fruit, soup HEAPS of soup!, sa-ka-ta's, can of tuna, bickies with tomato on top, cup's of tea and a bickie.
    She drinks soda water by the bucket and says if she misses out on her "usual" amount of soda water she gets a headache. Same with her snacks and if she doesnt have her arvo 'rest'. So pretty much anything causes her a headache, actually lol. Must be old age!
    Half hr after dinner she will make herself a cup of packet chicken noodle soup!
    For me this is so weird as i only eat 2-3 times a day max. I struggle to drink enough fluids but my body just copes with it.
    Now that im pregnant again, my body is demanding ALOT more food and i find snacking hard, yet it's something i need to do!

I guess snacking is a good thing if ur snacking on the right foods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should be snacking, providing its not junk food you should be eating at least 5 times a day

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't worry Benji. I can snack all day too... but I snack on chocolate and biscuits and junk. Luckily it hasn't caught up with me yet. I'm dreading the day it does!

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always believed lots of small healthy low GI snacks keeps you satisfied. The colder weather is a real motivator for munching.................thank goodness for apples and almonds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not that bad if your body needs it and you dont gain weight from it.

I cant snack (well I try hard not to) makes me gain weight.

I am trying to only do 3 meals a day. if I must snack its only ever on fruit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it depends what you snack on. Too much fruit can be bad as its high in sugar although it would be worse to snack on mars bars..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub