+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol cool thread!

I thought Phillips-head screw driver was the brand (like saying "Sony"). I was wondering why all companies went for "Phillips".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    So in line with the Iphone thing, how to you close applications on the Samsung Galaxy?
    Press & hold the button underneath the screen. A box pops up with recently used apps & a grey bar saying "Task Manager". Click the Task Manager bar to show active apps. Click the "Exit All" button to close them all at once, or the individual exit buttons next to each app.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was gob smacked recently when a mother at school told her DD that cotton comes from a factory.

Recently I was laughed at in the supermarket when I asked for vegetarian cheese, one shop assistant told me there was no such thing, another told me all cheese was vegetarian - cows only eat grass... I did end up finding it though

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol these are so funny!
    Mine is, not *too* long after I moved to Australia, I was out at the pub with some friends, the subject of the booze bugs came up. I thought it was a great idea, you could drink whatever you wanted and a bus would just magically turn up to take you home

But apparently not, as everyone explained when they had finished laughing at me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Eolas  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was 18 my step dad was telling my mum and some friends that they were going to get these speakers they had upright on the floor and mount them sideways on the wall.
    I piped up and said "but won't the sound come out the wrong way?".
    It made no sense to me at the time that you could do that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    i thought neopolitan ice cream was napoleon ice cream. dh still teases me about it.
    I thought it was that too.... Until now.... Awkward! Lol!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girl x I didn't know sheep had tails either!! I thought I was the only one!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LollyDolly For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm terrible with visual recognition, so when I am watching a movie and the scene changes, I ask someone I'm watching with - "who's that?" or "is that <the lead character> or <the major villain>?"

It can be very difficult when watching something without someone to keep me updated.

========

When I was 18yo, my boyfriend and I were planning on watching a movie on TV, but it came on whilst he was preparing himself something to eat - so he told me to watch the start and tell him what happened. He took about twenty minutes so missed quite a bit. In the add break I was able to race through the dialogue - word for word, but unable to tell him who said what - differentiating only by gender and dramatic age differences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    another misguided pineapple believer here, however i thought they grew in the ground and popped their heads out when ready!... Sadly i only learnt this last year on a trip to Hawaii.. we were walking down an alley and there was a pineapple on the ground (just its top and about an inch of the outter shell. I stopped and said "oh look they have pineapples growing in the lane how cool" my friend was on the ground laughing, then picked up the pineapple which had just been thrown there and could barely talk. Next day we went on an island tour and one of its stops was a pineapple plantation.. i learnt so much that trip!

My uncles wife who is German and has not been here long, once asked me what to bring to a bbq i was having.. i said "oh just a plate to share" she took our aussie slang to mean we didnt have enough plates for everyone to eat off and she brough along 5 to share with others! (we always check now if she understand what we mean)

and another one from my own lack of understanding... i was told my car needed more oil and (i was 17 and just got it) i went and asked my nan for a funnel.. she said she didnt need a funnel to pour oil in ( i thought gee you are pretty smart nana) so i then proceeded to pour 3 litres of oil down my dip stick hole (mind you didnt spill a drop and dint use that funnel) .. later i asked my cousin to check it and he said "you need a bit more" proceeded to unscrew the oil cap and i yelled out "where the hell are you putting the oil!" he replied "omg where did you put it.." ahhh twas funny (i am also a mechanic daughter which didnt go down too well with my dad!)
    Last edited by Bravies; 13-06-2012 at 14:46. Reason: typo's

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bravies For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (11-06-2013),MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (14-06-2012),MsTruth  (14-06-2012),sweetseven  (13-06-2012),Urban Tumbleweed  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    Press & hold the button underneath the screen. A box pops up with recently used apps & a grey bar saying "Task Manager". Click the Task Manager bar to show active apps. Click the "Exit All" button to close them all at once, or the individual exit buttons next to each app.
    Done..cool thanks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (13-06-2012)