+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never realised seahorses were real until one day we went to Underwater World! I thought they were a make believe character like unicorns!! They just seem so unbelievable!

*blush*

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaNurture For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (14-06-2012),Mod-Myztik  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    how to live my life
    how to raise my kids
    how to keep my dh

everyone knows how to do this but me, apparently!

lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    These dirty topics remind me when I was in year 10, my sister use to always call me a d!ldo and I always thought it meant d!ck head or something. Until I called my best friend one when she did something stupid (she wasnt aware of what it meant either) and everyone around me started laughing. I had to ask why they were all laughing.

Also I only learnt what a "snowball" was a couple of weeks ago too. Yuk
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 14-06-2012 at 17:20.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    When I was a child and watched some old black and white movies I thought that people didn't see in colour until colour tv came in ....lol
    I thought the world was black and white, and colour tv came in when the world became coloured.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Boston pancake and hot Charlie - BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Good one FTM

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyandbubby View Post
    my mum NEVER talked to me about any of this stuff.
    I got my period at 11 and had never ever been told it happened!
    I woke up early in the morning with horrible cramps and sat on the toilet for ages (I was home alone, mum and dad were miners so started work at 3am so I had to get everything ready for school etc from about 6yo )
    I got ready for school and was in quite a bit of pain and walked out the door i was half way down my street when thought I had peed my self a little, I ran back home to change my pants.. Took my pants off and there was a lot of blood!
    I had no idea what it was!! I seriously thought I was dieing so I called 000 the lady on the phone obviously knew what happened and called my mums work (i gave her the number) telling her to go home.
    We lived in a very small country town so I didn't have any close friends my age I was the only one me age at a school of 15 kids aged 6-17 and it was really just a room with a computer for distant education learning with 2 teachers so never talked with friends about a "period"
    When mum got home she asked to see my underwear and then just gave me a hug and got some pads for me, told me it was normal and that was it!
    My father was the one to sit down with me later that night and explain to me what a period was (he didn't do I good job) just said "chicks bleed out once a month it's normal"

When the mobile library would be in town I would rent out books about "Birds and the Bees" and also started reading "Dolly"
    I learnt everything from reading..
    When we got the Internet at home I learnt more from there and once we moved to a big city and I had friends my age I learnt even more!

I knew all about 3 holes.. Dilation, G-spot, pregnancy and ovulation etc from about 14-15 but that was only due to books and getting the courage to ask my much older sisters questions and because I had friends then. My parents told me NOTHING!
    During my time in distant education I didn't learn anything about sex Ed..

I most defiantly can understand why some wouldn't know about it.

I'm going to tell my daughter many many things from a young age and hopefuly she js condifent enough in her body to ask me anything yes:

If it wasn't for me being such a nerd and being interested in anatomy books then I never would have known a thing really, and who knows when I would have knows about it all..

My parents told me nothing.
    I didn't have an age appropriate friend circle.
    My school sure didn't tell me anything.
    I found out everything my self.

Is it sad?? YES! It's sad that the parents didn't think to inform their children of such important things..
    My sister fell pregnant at 15 because she thought that you could only get pregnant whilst having sex on your period.. That's what this guy told her and because my parents never told her about a cycle she believed him..
    She sadly lost her baby at 24weeks
    And she only found out at 20 weeks from a midwife what happens during childbirth..
    What a traumatic experience! She is 10 years older than me so you would think that my parents would have lernt and talk to me.. But they never did..
    I was To young to ask questions when my sister was pregnant.
    I really have no idea why I was never told such important things by my parents.
    And I never knew so I never thought to ask.
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 14-06-2012 at 17:56.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those who didn't know about the iPhone thing- it's only been like that since after ios4 (and subsequently iphone4) was released about 2 years ago- not since the beginning! DH iPhone 3G can't do it.

I never knew that 'subtle' meant what it does- I thought that suttle meant 'not obvious' and subtle was something else entirely.

Didn't know Molly was gay either until a few years ago. Didn't know purple wiggle was gay until this thread!

I didn't know that you shouldn't put cold water into hot oil until I was about 15- luckily I got out of that safe. Mum got so mad and said didn't I know that oil and water don't mix, I said id heard something along those lines but didn't realise I shouldn't use water to cool the oil before I poured it down the sink!!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OMG I just want to hug all of you who
    Weren't told what to expect!!

I only have boys but this has just cemented my resolve to be open and honest about this stuff with my kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    Those who didn't know about the iPhone thing- it's only been like that since after ios4 (and subsequently iphone4) was released about 2 years ago- not since the beginning! DH iPhone 3G can't do it.

I never knew that 'subtle' meant what it does- I thought that suttle meant 'not obvious' and subtle was something else entirely.

Didn't know Molly was gay either until a few years ago. Didn't know purple wiggle was gay until this thread!

I didn't know that you shouldn't put cold water into hot oil until I was about 15- luckily I got out of that safe. Mum got so mad and said didn't I know that oil and water don't mix, I said id heard something along those lines but didn't realise I shouldn't use water to cool the oil before I poured it down the sink!!
    this reminds me. i only learnt last yr not to use water on a oil/fat fire. Im glad because i would use it amd prob burn house down.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was about 14 or 15 I Remember calling someone at school a dildo thinking that it was like a dodo!

And it was my teacher who pointed out what a dildo actually was