Well turns out there was stuff other people knew that I didn't.
Like what a gunt is, and motor boating(and I have large breast, seriously who would find that enjoyable!)and alaskan pipeline and now trans alaskan pipeline, are there really enough people doing these things that they get their own entries in the urban dictionary!?!
- For years I didn't realise that the 'blood and bone' Mum put on the garden was actually made of blood and bone. (Don't ask me why, I just thought it was the name of the fertiliser)
- I had no idea what a pilot light was until I moved into a house with gas and one day there was no hot water and my flatmate told me to check the pilot light (I'd never lived in a house with gas until my 20's)
- How ducks dtd. It wasn't something I'd really thought about before, but a picnic at the river shocked me
- I had no idea that the yellow cord on the AV cable was for the picture and red/white for audio. Actually I didn't even realise that AV stood for audio-visual...(To me it was just a cable that made the DVD player work lol)
.... On a lighter note....
My dp is always singing wrong lyrics to well known songs.
A while back she made some noise and I was like wth?! She said it was a zebra noise and couldn't believe I had never heard a zebra before!!
Needless to say I spent the night googling and laughing at the hilarious noise of a zebra!
Also just last year I saw a cute guinea pig and went to pat it, the noise that came out of it was so surprising to me that I ran around screaming omg omg does everyone know that they make that noise?!?!
.... I think for a vegan of 14 years I'm a little clueless on my animal noises :P
* I also didn't know that feta was usually made from sheep/goat milk, or that Molly meldrum was gay OR had dated Geoff.... I didn't know about the iPhone app closing thing or the Alaskan pipeline (thanks Ana gram)
Seems opening up to your lack of knowledge with others is a great leaning tool!
Thanks peeps! Xx
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!