+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't get why people are offended that people are surprised that so many people don't know the basics of their own anatomy... It is really sad and surprising, especially as many of us on here have gone through pregnancy and childbirth (and catheters??!).

How is not sad/surprising that people are not taught these basics? It's like when I watched Food Revolution and so many kids didn't know where milk or cheese come from. It's very sad. But not an insult to those who don't know it. It's a failure on both formal education and informal education in the home.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

bini86  (10-09-2013),Mathermy  (11-06-2013),Stiflers Mom  (14-06-2012),WorkingClassMum  (14-06-2012),wrena  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I think it's more a sadness to the poor education some people obviously received!!!

We learnt the basic anatomy of females and males in year 8 health lessons!!!
    I find it mind boggling people don't know/ realise there is 3 holes?!
    i was not allowed to attend sex ed. i have no idea why. the only thing i learnt
    about was periods and even then i was not told everything i needed to know. t was only in 2009 that i found out that you cant fall pregnant all the time (when ever you dont have your period)

anyway im a bit offended and feel judged on what i do/ do not know about my body. some people dont have that luxury and i think people need to be mindful of that so as to not insult others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Exactly. I'm more shocked at the fact that we weren't taught this!
    And don't even get me started on the pathetic excuse for sex Ed that we had :-/. It would have been nice to have a bit more information

Off topic but one of our science teachers couldn't even discuss the reproductive part of our science course without blushing and stammering....and he was married with kids lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I think it's more a sadness to the poor education some people obviously received!!!

We learnt the basic anatomy of females and males in year 8 health lessons!!!
    I find it mind boggling people don't know/ realise there is 3 holes?!
    about was periods and even then i was not told everything i needed to know. t was only in 2009 that i found out that you cant fall pregnant all the time (when ever you dont have your period)

anyway im a bit offended and feel judged on what i do/ do not know about my body. some people dont have that luxury and i think people need to be mindful of that so as to not insult others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyandbubby View Post

Sincere apologies you feel judged. It's definitely no reflection of you- simply the education system and their lack of, well, educating. I don't think people mean they are surprised/sad at the fact you didn't know, I think it's more they are surprised/sad that education system failed to teach people some pretty basic and important body lessons. But that's the education sectors fault, not the students who weren't taught. Hope that makes sense lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also to add... I personally didn't rely on my sex ed in school (which was dismal) for all the answers. Surely as you get older some questions arise which you would look into further? I know I did! Perhaps I just have more of an interest than others lol!

I also assume that those who didn't know about the urethra do not have daughters as they would have seen it??

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (14-06-2012),MRR1006  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I don't get why people are offended that people are surprised that so many people don't know the basics of their own anatomy... It is really sad and surprising, especially as many of us on here have gone through pregnancy and childbirth (and catheters??!).

How is not sad/surprising that people are not taught these basics? It's like when I watched Food Revolution and so many kids didn't know where milk or cheese come from. It's very sad. But not an insult to those who don't know it. It's a failure on both formal education and informal education in the home.
    You're absolutely right. It is sad that we weren't taught these things. This is not what offended me. What offended me was a posters comment that went like this, "I think it's more a sadness to the poor education some people obviously received!!! I find it mind boggling people don't know/ realise there is 3 holes?!". So she is saying that I am poorly educated and that I should have realised there were three holes. Like I said, I've never inspected it that closely and have never been very interested as to where my pee comes out from. I also have never had a child and never had a catheter so is it really that surprising that I didn't know this? Oh and as I got older, nothing arose that made me have to or want to question my anatomy further. I know where my vagina is, I know where my anus is and I know where my clitoris and g-spot is. That's all I need to know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Also to add... I personally didn't rely on my sex ed in school (which was dismal) for all the answers. Surely as you get older some questions arise which you would look into further? I know I did! Perhaps I just have more of an interest than others lol!

I also assume that those who didn't know about the urethra do not have daughter
    s as they would have seen it??
    i have a 12 week old dd and i have seen her pee when i change her nappy. clearly i dont pay close enough attention cos i still have no idea what you are all taalkong about. so you can see it?
    when growing up exploring your body wasnt exactly smiled apon.... even now i still feel as though i will get in trouble or ridiculed or whatever for exploring my body.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Sincere apologies you feel judged. It's definitely no reflection of you- simply the education system and their lack of, well, educating. I don't think people mean they are surprised/sad at the fact you didn't know, I think it's more they are surprised/sad that education system failed to teach people some pretty basic and important body lessons. But that's the education sectors fault, not the students who weren't taught. Hope that makes sense lol
    no harm done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyandbubby View Post
    i have a 12 week old dd and i have seen her pee when i change her nappy. clearly i dont pay close enough attention cos i still have no idea what you are all taalkong about. so you can see it?
    when growing up exploring your body wasnt exactly smiled apon.... even now i still feel as though i will get in trouble or ridiculed or whatever for exploring my body.
    Have a google - I promise nobody will ridicule you for it!

I'm just impressed by your advanced g-spot knowledge