+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 376
  1. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,005
    Thanks
    1,052
    Thanked
    3,524
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't get why people are offended that people are surprised that so many people don't know the basics of their own anatomy... It is really sad and surprising, especially as many of us on here have gone through pregnancy and childbirth (and catheters??!).

    How is not sad/surprising that people are not taught these basics? It's like when I watched Food Revolution and so many kids didn't know where milk or cheese come from. It's very sad. But not an insult to those who don't know it. It's a failure on both formal education and informal education in the home.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

    bini86  (10-09-2013),Mathermy  (11-06-2013),Stiflers Mom  (14-06-2012),WorkingClassMum  (14-06-2012),wrena  (14-06-2012)

  3. #192
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    darwin
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked
    650
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I think it's more a sadness to the poor education some people obviously received!!!

    We learnt the basic anatomy of females and males in year 8 health lessons!!!
    I find it mind boggling people don't know/ realise there is 3 holes?!
    i was not allowed to attend sex ed. i have no idea why. the only thing i learnt
    about was periods and even then i was not told everything i needed to know. t was only in 2009 that i found out that you cant fall pregnant all the time (when ever you dont have your period)

    anyway im a bit offended and feel judged on what i do/ do not know about my body. some people dont have that luxury and i think people need to be mindful of that so as to not insult others.

  4. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    2,110
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked
    773
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Exactly. I'm more shocked at the fact that we weren't taught this!
    And don't even get me started on the pathetic excuse for sex Ed that we had :-/. It would have been nice to have a bit more information

    Off topic but one of our science teachers couldn't even discuss the reproductive part of our science course without blushing and stammering....and he was married with kids lol

  5. #194
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    darwin
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked
    650
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I think it's more a sadness to the poor education some people obviously received!!!

    We learnt the basic anatomy of females and males in year 8 health lessons!!!
    I find it mind boggling people don't know/ realise there is 3 holes?!
    i was not allowed to attend sex ed. i have no idea why. the only thing i learnt
    about was periods and even then i was not told everything i needed to know. t was only in 2009 that i found out that you cant fall pregnant all the time (when ever you dont have your period)

    anyway im a bit offended and feel judged on what i do/ do not know about my body. some people dont have that luxury and i think people need to be mindful of that so as to not insult others.

  6. #195
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,275
    Thanks
    809
    Thanked
    2,399
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyandbubby View Post
    i was not allowed to attend sex ed. i have no idea why. the only thing i learnt
    about was periods and even then i was not told everything i needed to know. t was only in 2009 that i found out that you cant fall pregnant all the time (when ever you dont have your period)

    anyway im a bit offended and feel judged on what i do/ do not know about my body. some people dont have that luxury and i think people need to be mindful of that so as to not insult others.
    Sincere apologies you feel judged. It's definitely no reflection of you- simply the education system and their lack of, well, educating. I don't think people mean they are surprised/sad at the fact you didn't know, I think it's more they are surprised/sad that education system failed to teach people some pretty basic and important body lessons. But that's the education sectors fault, not the students who weren't taught. Hope that makes sense lol

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

    FirstTimeMummy2012  (14-06-2012)

  8. #196
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,005
    Thanks
    1,052
    Thanked
    3,524
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also to add... I personally didn't rely on my sex ed in school (which was dismal) for all the answers. Surely as you get older some questions arise which you would look into further? I know I did! Perhaps I just have more of an interest than others lol!

    I also assume that those who didn't know about the urethra do not have daughters as they would have seen it??

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

    HugsBunny  (14-06-2012),MRR1006  (14-06-2012)

  10. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    4,087
    Thanks
    1,466
    Thanked
    1,215
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I don't get why people are offended that people are surprised that so many people don't know the basics of their own anatomy... It is really sad and surprising, especially as many of us on here have gone through pregnancy and childbirth (and catheters??!).

    How is not sad/surprising that people are not taught these basics? It's like when I watched Food Revolution and so many kids didn't know where milk or cheese come from. It's very sad. But not an insult to those who don't know it. It's a failure on both formal education and informal education in the home.
    You're absolutely right. It is sad that we weren't taught these things. This is not what offended me. What offended me was a posters comment that went like this, "I think it's more a sadness to the poor education some people obviously received!!! I find it mind boggling people don't know/ realise there is 3 holes?!". So she is saying that I am poorly educated and that I should have realised there were three holes. Like I said, I've never inspected it that closely and have never been very interested as to where my pee comes out from. I also have never had a child and never had a catheter so is it really that surprising that I didn't know this? Oh and as I got older, nothing arose that made me have to or want to question my anatomy further. I know where my vagina is, I know where my anus is and I know where my clitoris and g-spot is. That's all I need to know!

  11. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    darwin
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked
    650
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Also to add... I personally didn't rely on my sex ed in school (which was dismal) for all the answers. Surely as you get older some questions arise which you would look into further? I know I did! Perhaps I just have more of an interest than others lol!

    I also assume that those who didn't know about the urethra do not have daughter
    s as they would have seen it??
    i have a 12 week old dd and i have seen her pee when i change her nappy. clearly i dont pay close enough attention cos i still have no idea what you are all taalkong about. so you can see it?
    when growing up exploring your body wasnt exactly smiled apon.... even now i still feel as though i will get in trouble or ridiculed or whatever for exploring my body.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

    twotrunks  (14-06-2012)

  13. #199
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    darwin
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked
    650
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Sincere apologies you feel judged. It's definitely no reflection of you- simply the education system and their lack of, well, educating. I don't think people mean they are surprised/sad at the fact you didn't know, I think it's more they are surprised/sad that education system failed to teach people some pretty basic and important body lessons. But that's the education sectors fault, not the students who weren't taught. Hope that makes sense lol
    no harm done

  14. #200
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,005
    Thanks
    1,052
    Thanked
    3,524
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyandbubby View Post
    i have a 12 week old dd and i have seen her pee when i change her nappy. clearly i dont pay close enough attention cos i still have no idea what you are all taalkong about. so you can see it?
    when growing up exploring your body wasnt exactly smiled apon.... even now i still feel as though i will get in trouble or ridiculed or whatever for exploring my body.
    Have a google - I promise nobody will ridicule you for it!

    I'm just impressed by your advanced g-spot knowledge


 

Similar Threads

  1. What are some of the little things...
    By mum2bubba in forum General Chat
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 20:12
  2. Am I seeing things???
    By OurSerendipity in forum Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 17:53
  3. What and when to buy things???
    By curiouschildcare in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-07-2012, 21:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!