+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Please let today be better than yesterday!

Sooo yesterday I started a new job :-D

Part of my job is moving vehicles.. I moved many during the day.

On the way home however, I had an accident My first ever accident! I just got distracted for a second ... And the cop says I will have to eventually go to court to be charged with driving without due care, lose demerit points (no biggie) and pay a fine (just what we need!)

I went straight up the back of someone at the lights. Their car was fine (a big 4wd) ...our car is not. It should be easily repaired its just waiting for it and finding the money for excess.... When we have JUST moved interstate, have got little money as dh is not currently working. I have no way to get to and from work as its 50km each way and buses aren't suitable. We can't get a hire car / taxi etc as I'm not earning enough to make it viable.

My neck and shoulders ache but not too bad, and to top it all off my cold has only been getting worse - I've caught it off the family we are staying with :-(

I am thankful ds was not with me and that everyone is okay.

But please please let today be a better day!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hugs... Make sure you get yourself checked out too... Fingers crossed for you it's a much better day!

A.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why would you have to go to court for an accident? That sounds really strange to me it's not like you meant to do it, or were drink driving. Are the rules different in Adelaide?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMuffin View Post
    Why would you have to go to court for an accident? That sounds really strange to me it's not like you meant to do it, or were drink driving. Are the rules different in Adelaide?
    I'd imagine it's a neg driving charge because the police were called. I'm fairly sure it's standard practice.

Hope your day is better spideysmum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMuffin View Post
    I'm not in Adelaide anymore

I told the cops when we were stopped at the lights I changed the music..... Before the light went green....

Soooo driving without due care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ok I just find it a bit unfair that the police were even called to be honest, I thought you only called the police if there were a dispute. I'm sorry you had such a crappy day I hope yesterday and today are better for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've run into the back of another car twice, it's an awful feeling. Both times we just exchanged insurance details and left though.. Who called the cops?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did - the lady I hit said she jarred her back and couldnt move so she left in an ambulance. (Turns out she has a previous back injury - i hardly hit her its just that she was in a massive 4wd with towbar so my car needs work)

....So we had them all including firies - who disabled my battery and wouldn't let me drive my car because the air bags could still go off. So now we have no car either and we have both started new jobs this week!!!

Our car is being assessed tomorrow hopefully they will make it safe to drive while we wait on parts to fix