+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Who DOESN'T love their Thermomix?

I know this, or similar, has probably been asked a thousand times.

Does anyone have a Thermomix and NOT love it?

My SIL said today she was contemplating one. I've heard of them before, but not seen one in action. I've never read anything negative about them except the price. But I don't want one, and I'm wondering if I just need my head read!

I guess I'd rather just have a decent knife, a chopping board, a bowl, and a decent pot to cook in. Do you really need any more kitchen gadgets than that? (Though, I must admit, if I had both the money and the space I'd invest in a Kitchenaid).

Thanks
    Reviews
    As you said it is a kitchen gadget. I have a friend with 1 and she likes, not loves it, but rarely uses it. Personally I think that is a waste.
    Most people I know who have one absolutely love and rave about them and use it several times a day.
    I would like one but DH does most of the cooking here and he doesn't want one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    As you said it is a kitchen gadget. I have a friend with 1 and she likes, not loves it, but rarely uses it. Personally I think that is a waste.
    Most people I know who have one absolutely love and rave about them and use it several times a day.
    I would like one but DH does most of the cooking here and he doesn't want one.
    I know about 5 people that have one and they ADORE it, like seriously adore..!
    One posts all her pictures of the food she makes on Facebook from the prep to the final product with comments. It's awesome! I love seeing what she makes.
    I'm getting one as I do ALL the cooking by myself (DH works). Time saving and I cook everything from scratch, which is what it's great for!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do almost all the cooking myself. I'm a bit pedantic about efficiency and DH takes FOREVER to do things in the kitchen, and keeps asking me questions about where things are. (Seriously, you asked where that was two days ago!!!)

And I cook most things from scratch. Occasionally I'll use a curry paste. Tonight I used a packet of fajita seasoning - must get a proper recipe for fajitas .

I can't for the life of me work out what I would use one for several times a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a Kitchenaid and a Thermomix. Love them both. I've only had my Thermy a week and already I couldn't imagine my life without it. Seriously. I love cooking and this just makes it easier and MORE enjoyable! Love it, love it, love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    1 friend will do:
    Smoothies
    A batch of muffins, cakes or cookies for the kids
    Maybe some soup or risotto eg for lunch
    Then use it again for dinner
    She then says in Summer a nice frozen margarita to finish the day!!!

It is so easy to use her 12 year old son who cooks dinner some nights uses it. He even has an app on his iPad for recipes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Most people who have one use it heaps. My kitchen is already set up. Most of our cooking is very simple and we like it that way, and already own all the appliances we need. But I recommend them to people who are time poor, have large families, like to make a range of different things daily, or who do not yet own much. I've told my brother and his gf to buy one before they get their own place and also Remaware for the oven and stovetop and Tupperware for the fridge, freezer and pantry. They don't have kids, work full time (bro is off until september from a serious accident though) and have time to pay it all off before they move. They currently house-sit so pay no rent or internet, only their mobiles whivch are prepaid and the power, plus food and fuel and both have car loans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have to use their recipes for cakes etc, or can you make your own in it?

How does it affect the taste of foods? For example, I would usually brown the mince before making a spaghetti sauce and would imagine that the browning contributes to the flavour.

How much pre-chopping do you have to do to cook, say, a curry in it? Chopping the meat and vegetables is what takes the most time in cooking, for me at least.

Does it do stir-fry, sausages, or pizza? We seem to eat a lot of those in our house.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a few people on my facebook who have them, uh lemme count...5!! 5 people who have them, and they love the shiz out of them. The pics of their food looks nice. But i havent seen anything made from it, that u couldnt make without it. I dunno, theres a heap of carby and dessert stuff i see, buttery and creamy stuff. Could see it'd make me pack on the pounds if i ate that stuff all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Most people who have one use it heaps. My kitchen is already set up. Most of our cooking is very simple and we like it that way, and already own all the appliances we need. But I recommend them to people who are time poor, have large families, like to make a range of different things daily, or who do not yet own much. I've told my brother and his gf to buy one before they get their own place and also Remaware for the oven and stovetop and Tupperware for the fridge, freezer and pantry. They don't have kids, work full time (bro is off until september from a serious accident though) and have time to pay it all off before they move. They currently house-sit so pay no rent or internet, only their mobiles whivch are prepaid and the power, plus food and fuel and both have car loans.
    Yeah, my cooking is fairly simple, too. I don't even use the appliances I've got. I'm hoping my food processor will die soon because I'm sick of a barely used appliance clogging up my kitchen.

I've never heard of Remaware.