+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When i was trying to wean my dd off feeding to sleep i would wrap her and lay her down with the fisher price seahorse next to her. It plays 5 mins of lullabys and its tummy glows. I swear this seahorse has magical powers lol all my mummy friends swear by it too! The first few times i would turn it om then liggtly pat her bum or the side of her nappy till she was drifting off.. Id have to press the seahorse maybe 2 or 3 times sometimes so it took about 10-15 mins.. After about a week i would turn it on and leave the room if she was happy and let her do the rest. I woukd go in after 5 mins to put the seahorse back on if still not asleep. These days (shes 8 months now) i just turn it on once and she falls asleep wether its still playing or not. Dont worry you WILL get past this!! This too shall pass! If u have any q's pls PM me im more than happy to elaborate

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I suggest a lullaby night light - I used the TOMY starlight and it was awesome with my kids. It projects a moving light show on the ceiling so gives them something to focus on and you can set it to 5-10mins.

As for the spraying her in the face with water - your CHN knows you're talking about a baby right? Not a cat? If so, I would strongly recommend changing your CHN or stop going altogether and stick with a GP.

When you say 'nursed to sleep' do you mean fed to sleep or held in your arms to go to sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    When you say 'nursed to sleep' do you mean fed to sleep or held in your arms to go to sleep?
    I would hold her in my arms to go to sleep. But now she just screams and won't go to sleep that way either.

Quote Originally Posted by samken View Post
    Put into bed. Pat and walk out. If still crying a minute later, walk in, don't make eye contact, pat gently making soothing noises (don't pick up), walk out. Keep doing this making the gap longer. It is laborious but extremely effective.
    Last night we trialed this at bed time. She started to fuss after a couple of minutes, so I went to her door and she settled. I didn't go in. Approx 5 mins later she was asleep. She was really tired though. I will try this again today.

Thanks for everyone's responses. Will let you all know how we go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe you would get more suited advice if you posted in the general sleep or CIO section?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't be doing the spraying water thing that's just weird. I think you may have to lower your expectations of your babies behaviour. Babies do whinge a lot. Well some do. I fed my son to sleep no issues .. he grew out of it. I had to stop feeding my daughter to sleep cos it doesn't work for us. You should do why works for you.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy2MJ View Post
    When i was trying to wean my dd off feeding to sleep i would wrap her and lay her down with the fisher price seahorse next to her. It plays 5 mins of lullabys and its tummy glows. I swear this seahorse has magical powers lol all my mummy friends swear by it too!
    I know this thread is a lil bit old but i have to just say i love this seahorse! I nurse my almost 6 month old dd to sleep but some nights if she is restless i will put her in cot while still awake which occasionally sets off a tantrum. I just started using the seahorse & if dd is awake there is no crying when i put seahorse next to her. She cuddles it calmly and off to sleep. I agree, this seahorse is magic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with the PP who asked what do *you* want to do. There's no right or wrong, only what you feel is best for your child.

As for the water spraying, presumably she means a mist not a jet of water? Incidentally, when I get a facial the therapist sprays amidst of rose water over my face & it's lovely! I'm sure she didn't mean a jet of water like from a water pistol :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    UPDATE: we did controlled crying and goes to sleep with her music, mobile and glow worm (on light only) all on for day sleeps. Of a night she goes down with out anything.

With the mist of sprayed water in the face, it actually worked. I was skeptical at first. But eventually all I had to do was sit the squirter bottle in front of dd and she would stop and settle. We do not use it now as she very rarely makes her squeal noise.

Thank you all for your advice. It was all greatly appreciated.