+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Brand new ergo performance is around RRP $180, sports around $160?

They have pretty great resale value though and are suitable up to 20kgs so you definitely get your monies worth!
    :-O

Omg!!! The most ive ever spent on one with all 3 kids of mine was $80!!!

Well I will have to check them out good and proper to see if it is worth spending that much...

What do you love about it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannii83 View Post
    :-O

Omg!!! The most ive ever spent on one with all 3 kids of mine was $80!!!

Well I will have to check them out good and proper to see if it is worth spending that much...

What do you love about it??
    But does anyone carry a 20kg child? That is more than1/3rd my weight, my DD wanted to walk everywhere asap, now at 17kg she wont even go in pram. Personally I love baby bjorn as does bub.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Missie Mack - how do I find a group in Melbourne on FB? Any ideas?

I had a Bjorn and both DS and I loved it - he much prefers facing out when not sleeping. He's getting a little heavy for that though now so on the high recommendations of ppl here on BH, I just brought an Ergo Performance....and so far don't like it!!

It's not overly comfortable for me yet, I feel like DS is sitting down too low since I'm used to the Bjorn I guess. He also doesn't like not being able to face forward (keeps twisting neck around), but hopefully he gets used to it soon.

Moral of the story is go and try them for yourself before spending the money (FYI you can get Bjorn for about $130). What works for others may not work for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you look up Baby Wearing Buy Swap Sell you'll be able to go into one of the files and see where meets are being held around Australia. You can also try typing in Babywearing Melbourne or Baby Wearing Melbourne - I'm sure something would come up. Ours is just Babywearing Sydney.

With babies who are used to being able to face out it does take some time to adjust to the ergo. If bub is too short in the carrier you can roll up a towel (or use the cushion from the insert if you have it) to pop under their bum and it acts as a little booster seat.

I love the ergo. Used it from 4 months. Used a moby before that, and started using a woven wrap at 12 months. I personally find the ergo more comfy than a woven wrap for longer carries simply bc its what my muscles are used to I think. I'm better with a torso back carry than a high back carry. I love them all though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I put DS (12kgs) in the ergo and loved it, I didn't even feel him on me so I have now gone and layby'd one for no#2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a pikkolo. I didn't use it that often so when I did carry him on my back for long periods I did feel it. I didn't have the babywearing support belt then either though.

You can forward face out with the pikkolo which was a big attraction for me. you can't in an Ergo and they say that the child gets too much stimulation, it was never an issue for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub was 5kg born and went straight into the Ergo without the insert when he was 2 weeks old. He's now 9.5kg at 4.5months and I can comfortably carry him in it for a good three/four hours. I love my Ergo! I bought it at a Baby & pregnancy expo for $140. Baby behinds often has the standard one on sale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Overstimulation isn't the only reason that its not recommended to face babies out. It changes the position of their spine while they face out, plus in most carriers in order to face out the baby's hips aren't supported as well. I don't think it's a huge issue provided you are positive your baby doesn't have hip dysplasia, and if you only do it for short periods.