+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommend me a baby carrier?

Love the idea of wearing baby close to boobies and skin.

Can anyone recommend me a good comfy baby carrier? (my babies usually come out over 5kgs as well or close to)

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ooooh, where to start? The ergo or the manduca are two of the most popular *good* carriers on the market - I adore my ergo, haven't personally tried the manduca yet. I'd advise against the bjorn, especially with big babies- its rarely comfortable after 6 kg, and even before that quite hit and miss.If you're a bit braver I'd recommend a woven wrap (and my iPad deleted the rest ofmy reply so I'll be back a bit later :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've only used the Ergo, but I love it! DS is now 6.5 kg, and it's so comfy to carry him in, we spent the long weekend on holiday interstate, & I carried him in it for hours at a time, no problems.
    He's also anti day sleeps & the ergo is the only way I've managed to get him to have naps in the day time since he was 5 weeks (he's now 14 weeks).
    Hope you find one you like! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another ergo fan here! I've put DD2 in it since birth with the newborn insert and she loves it! If I wear her out and about she sleeps almost the whole time. I have managed to breastfeed in it a few times and the hooded cover is great for privacy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another fan of the ergo here. I didn't have it when DS was a newby, we used a wrap style carrier which I found awkward to get bub in and out of and we never really got the hang of it. Maybe because DS didn't like being confined. We used the baby bjorn early days as well but only my DH carried him in that. I hated the bjorn, it killed my back. DS liked to face out sometimes which is why we used it but when it came time to sleep it was always the ergo. My DS is now 18.5 months and 13kg and I still use it regularly. In fact I rarely go anywhere without it. It is my most treasured baby item. I have the infant insert and will be using it from birth with the next bub. I have the sport version btw.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've an ergo. I still comfortably carry a 13kg toddler in it (on my back). When I have my own I am planning on checking out woven wraps though. So pretty and totally awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooo ergo seems popular!

Can anyone give me a round abouts price on one?

May have to check them out!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Brand new ergo performance is around RRP $180, sports around $160?

They have pretty great resale value though and are suitable up to 20kgs so you definitely get your monies worth!

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I prefer a Beco carrier over the ergo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like my manduca for my big baby. It has built in newborn thingy. I got mine from fertilemind for $145ish including postage with a voucher for $10 off as it was my first order. Is German designed, very adjustable and made with organic fabric. Good luck deciding!