+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I feel like my DS is trapped!!

SO DS's behaviour is getting worse and the school are doing nothing except complaining to us. DS is seeing a psychologist and she has recommended that we change schools. MOST HURTFUL EXPERIENCE EVER!! No one wants him. The all have these lovely inclusive policies but when it comes down to it, they don't want him because he is too hard. Meanwhile he gets worse where he currently is because they have no individual stategies for him.

We have been to a pediatrician and a psychologist and both say their is no tag for him but that he needs strong behaviour management. Schools do not want to hear that. There must be something wrong with him. I wish they did give him a tag because there is obviously something different about him and people do not want to help unless he is labelled as different.

I seriously feel like screaming and crying at the moment from being angry that no one seems to actually care like they pretend they do and from being so hurt because I love my son so much and no one else does.

If anyone actually knows of any schools around the Rochedale area in Brisbane that would actually help that would be great because I don't know how many more of these horrible interviews im prepared to do. Sorry for the rant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big hugs I don't really know how to help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tried calling the education department in your state?
    Im sorry you're having such trouble finding a school for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump.

I hope someone can help you out.
    I'm sorry all the schools you have tried have just put him in the to hard basket
    That's really heartbreaking!
    I can understand your frustration completely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hon, I'm so sorry I can't help you with schools etc. But I feel for you terribly. The situation you are in must be so frustrating - and I feel like giving you AND your little boy a big hug. My only advice - and probably not worth much to you - is to keep fighting for boy. You and his dad (?) are his only advocates at this point from what it sounds like, and you have to keep going and make someone pay attention to you. Have you had an interiew with the school principal? I'm sure you probably have... There are schools and teachers out there that will care about your boy - that won't put him in the "too hard" basket. It's just hard to find them. He's only six for goodness sake! How hard it must be for him as well. I have a wonderful friend who's situation reminds me of yours. Her little boy was diagnosed with asperger's syndrome at the age of six. Without his medication he was so difficult to handle and the school was constantly ringing and complaining about his behaviour. It was a very elusive condition to diagnose. If you truly believe that your son's behaviour is not environmental then you should keep exploring alternatives. Changing schools time and again, without getting to the root of the problem will only further confuse your boy and perhaps make him even worse. Many behavioual conditions are triggered by unplanned or unusual eventsor change.
    If I were you, I'd describe your sons behaviour in detail on here. As well as what he is good at, what he likes, dislikes, what scares him etc. Someone on here might be able to recognise a similarity to their own child and have some helpful feedback for you.
    Above all, hang in there. You must be a loving, concerned parent. It breaks my heart to hear you worrying that nobody will love your son. I'm sure that, negative behaviour aside, he is a loving, precious child. He just needs some help. I hope you find the help you need...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaesmummy For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (12-06-2012),kimbo  (14-06-2012),MissMuppet  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Guys! At the moment I feel like hiding and never talking to another school. Hopefully I will feel better about it tomorrow.

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Omg i can't help but i feel awful for you. Hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    i agree with pp. dig your heels in and fight on his behalf.
    i have had so many problems with my son's school - he has no behavioural issues according to every paed, counsellor, gp we have met yet his school constantly is on our back about his behaviour.
    at home he is perfect! at school he gets excited around his friends and at times does stupid things (like playing tag and tagging too hard). he has gained the rep as the kid always in trouble.
    his teacher had us in for a parent meeting to tell us 'he doesn't always listen', sometimes she has to tell him twice to do something
    and that he is the class clown, making jokes.....'children who don't take life SERIOUSLY often end up with no future' (her words).
    ffs he is 9 years old.....
    hang in there. change teachers, change schools, speak to the education department, investigate alternative schools (steiner, montessori etc.) but don't let them railroad you. a lot of times the schools want a 'tag' so they can apply for extra funding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really feel for you. What a horrible experience for you both. Its extremely sad that such a young child would be abandoned by the education system in this way.

I hope that you find someone who can help you asap. Big hugs to you and your little boy.