Please visit our facebook page if you have a child who is interested in anything art!! We are offering a fantastic opportunity for the primary school age children in the logan area to learn about everything art....

http://www.facebook.com/TeenieTotsArtClub

Art Classes for Early primary school children from years 1 through to 7.

I have a child with an obsession of all things arts and craft and I want to ensure he continues to be creative. I have 17 years of experience in graphic design, illustration, print and multimedia and would like to use my skills to further help and encourage all children who also have a passion of art to learn more, be creative and most of all have fun.

With very limited art classes available within the Logan City region, I am hoping this will give a number of children within the Mt Warren, Windaroo, Beenleigh, Eagleby and nearby areas an opportunity to enjoy art at an affordable price for their parents.

Class length: Approx. 45min to 1 hour
Availability: At this stage I am offering one class per week for a maximum of 10 students.
I can commit to each Tuesday from 3.30pm to 4:15pm for term 3. Depending on interest I may look at a second session immediately following from 4.15pm to 5.00pm (We currently have 6 students enrolled and a few that are keen to start straight away. So we are commencing classes from Tuesday 12th June and will also run through the holidays too)

Cost will be $10.00 per student which will be used to cover art supplies.

Parents/carers will be more than welcome to attend.

Some of the things we will be covering throughout the sessions:
The opportunity to learn and experiment more with different art mediums and styles.

How to draw.

How to use the different mediums and styles to express imagination and create wonderful gifts.

The use of light and shade, perspective and dimension, texture and space.

Some of the styles we will be covering:
Contour drawing, cross hatching, masking, collage etc.

Mediums we will be using: Pencil, charcoal, watercolour, acrylic, pastel, collages, computer art etc.

I also will be encouraging all kids to keep an art journal which they can use to share their work with the class and also reflect back on recent styles that have captured their interests.

Any feedback and ideas welcome.

Please contact: Rod Drew - rodney.drew75@gmail.com