+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    The ABC article posted earlier in this thread clearly states that it would be voluntary. I did also make a point of this several pages ago, but think it's been largely missed.

What on earth has given anyone the idea it would be compulsory when the opposite has been explicitly stated?
    I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that it is tied to FTB payments - if you don't attend then your FTB payments stop. While still technically voluntary, it is not free choice, it is choice under financial duress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Someone mentioned they had heard someone say that, but themselves stated they had not confirmed it at all and didn't share where they had heard it. I hardly call that fact.

I once heard someone say they saw a dog who could talk. Wow, really??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that it is tied to FTB payments - if you don't attend then your FTB payments stop. While still technically voluntary, it is not free choice, it is choice under financial duress.
    It's like immunizing it's a choice but without it your children can be excluded

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackKid View Post
    I hope by quoting my post that you are not suggesting that i am.ashamed of any condition my son has. Because Im not. I refuse to say there is something wrong with him. He is different. He is special. He does not need to be fixed. He needs to be accepted and understood. But what i say and feel is for myself and my son only and i would never presume to tell any other parent what they should think or do with their children. For instance, i note your previous post saying you would consider medication aftrt your dd's next birthday, however it's not something my child needs or i would consider for my son and his condition. However i would not presume to comment on your daughters condition or treatment options.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub
    Sorry, my dd has Autism which is a mental health issue. How you feel is up to you, but by definition it is a mental health issue.

I have PTSD which carries anxiety and depression, so I have mental health issues which will be with me for life, no matter how well controlled.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2012),Zombie_eyes  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    It's like immunizing it's a choice but without it your children can be excluded
    Excluded from what? I only have to providemy child's immunisation status not have her immunised.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The Australian Greens says the government needs to get its message straight on child health checks, with families facing the prospect of losing over $700 a child from family tax benefit supplements unless their children attend so-called 'voluntary' health checks.

"Part of the new mental health budget measures includes funding for 3 year old child health checks which the Minister for Mental Health last night claimed were not compulsory," Senator Rachel Siewert, Australian Greens health spokesperson said today.

"However, the Government has legislation before the Senate that seeks to make payment of the Family Tax Benefit Part A supplement conditional on children undergoing the pre-school health assessment at aged four. It is unclear whether these 4 year old health checks would be moved back one year as part of the mental health program or whether they are separate.

"The Minister has described the checks as voluntary, but the legislation before the Senate ties them to the FTB.

"Such a condition effectively makes the health checks compulsory for families receiving income support payments, so to describe them as voluntary sends the wrong message to parents.

"The supplement for FTB A is currently worth up to $726.35 per child. For many families this money is essential and losing it is not an option.

"The Australian Greens support the provision of health and mental health services to families with children, but these should be provided fairly," concluded Senator Siewert.
    link

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Excluded from what? I only have to providemy child's immunisation status not have her immunised.
    Just educated myself on fact never mind

11. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

share a book  (13-06-2012)