+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    In regards to the whole getting wet won't cause a cold.... I have been told that getting wet CAN increase the chances of getting a cold- your body gets cold, your immune system isn't as affective therefore it's easier to catch a cold/get sick. Same as not getting enough sleep. Not sure if it is infact true (although I am sure about the lack of sleep one- happens to me all the time).

Just putting it out there

****NOTE I am NOT saying playing in the rain etc WILL make you sick.... Simply possibly increase the chances****
    it's not the wet, but it is the cold air. the cold virus travels through the air and survives for longer periods in cooler temperatures, so it's not completely untrue!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by eclair View Post
    it's not the wet, but it is the cold air. the cold virus travels through the air and survives for longer periods in cooler temperatures, so it's not completely untrue!
    Well there you go!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

eclair  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think benji is probably referring to all the perfectly healthy adults who require antibiotics and bed rest and cold and flu tablets as soon as they get the sniffles. I agree with you about colds being dangerous for some. Winter sucks when you have asthmatic kids!! People should definitely keep their germs to themselves and I think that does come down to everyone practicing good hygeine too because many people such as my kids suffer a runny nose all year round. They arent sick or infectious so I cant keep them home all year. Things like running a temp, lots of coughing etc and I do.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anyone ever taped garlic clove to the sole of their feet? Tell me substances don't absorb through the feet then when you wake up with that garlic smell seeping out of your pores Same way whatever chemicals you put on your skin can end up in your blood****** hence the popularity of mineral makeup!
    Last edited by Mulva; 13-06-2012 at 13:59.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mulva For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (13-06-2012),Lumpy Melon  (13-06-2012),wrena  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, to all of these!

That a cold is the same as flu.

That you shouldn't drink milk.

That you catch colds because of wet hair/ being cold.

That antibiotics are always needed.

That Vicks on the feet is different to Vicks anywhere else.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    How many lives could be saved if people kept their germs to themselves instead of willingly spreading them around?
    I avoid children/the elderly if I have a cold although I'm not sure about this. I really do think we'd be more prone to much nastier bugs if we were all quarantined at the mere sight of a sneeze. If we can't deal with a common cold, what the heck is going to happen if we catch something truly nasty?

Yes, I'm talking about healthy adults. I have a DS who has had pneumonia although I don't see how spreading of colds is avoidable really. They're colds.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

chickenfoot83  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happyslapper View Post
    Has anyone ever taped garlic clove to the sole of their feet?
    Erm, no, no I haven't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Erm, no, no I haven't.
    try it! You get the best effects of eating garlic (breath, sweat and farts :vomit: ) without actually eating it! Lol
    Last edited by Mulva; 13-06-2012 at 13:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by happyslapper View Post
    try it! You get the best effects of eating garlic (breath, sweat and farts :vomit: ) without actually eating it! Lol
    Garlic tablets work just as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is sweating it out. Dh is convinced when he gets sick like a temp the best is to go to bed with electric blanket and blankets and hot water bottles and no liquids so he can sweat out the germs