+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    theres a bad cold going around my town atm (ive just come down with it) my mums had it 2weeks. shes a support worker and her clients family keep telling her to get antibiotics so she can come back to work.
    she has a slight fever, but nothing that needs antibiotics, just rest, but they think shes just being lazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    That panadol will help you get better or they will get brain damage from a fever....and all of the above as well
    Huh? Paracetamol does bring down a fever. I think people confuse brain damage with febrile seizures - which aren't nice but don't actually cause brain damage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykahla View Post
    I absolutely HATE when people tell me either myself or any of my 4 children will catch a cold if we don't rug up. Germs aren't going to look at someone and see that they're wearing a jacket and say to themselves "oh we will stay away, they're wearing a jacket"!! Ds2 point blank refuses to wear long pants, ever, unless I physically force him and he gets sick the least in our family, and the one *ahem* (dp) that rugs up and tells me off for not rigging the kids up is sick the most! Germs not temperature cause cold & flu...
    This! Although once one has a cold the body fights it better when kept at a nice cosy stable temp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In regards to the whole getting wet won't cause a cold.... I have been told that getting wet CAN increase the chances of getting a cold- your body gets cold, your immune system isn't as affective therefore it's easier to catch a cold/get sick. Same as not getting enough sleep. Not sure if it is infact true (although I am sure about the lack of sleep one- happens to me all the time).

Just putting it out there

****NOTE I am NOT saying playing in the rain etc WILL make you sick.... Simply possibly increase the chances****

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Huh? Paracetamol does bring down a fever. I think people confuse brain damage with febrile seizures - which aren't nice but don't actually cause brain damage
    Panadol doesn't make you 'better'

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gah, no wonder antibiotics are being ineffective with so many people taking them unnecessarily.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (12-06-2012),halloweendee  (12-06-2012),Happy2be3  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Panadol doesn't make you 'better'
    I think she means it can ASSIST in the recovery process by bringing down a temp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I think she means it can ASSIST in the recovery process by bringing down a temp.
    Well, I actually believe it can make you sick for longer by bringing down the fever but that's not what I meant anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well, I actually believe it can make you sick for longer by bringing down the fever but that's not what I meant anyway
    I'm saying it can and I'm not saying it can't- I really wouldn't have a clue tbh. Was just trying to interpret what PP meant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I'm saying it can and I'm not saying it can't- I really wouldn't have a clue tbh. Was just trying to interpret what PP meant.
    It's all good I was just she misinterpreted what I was saying, lol!