+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it when hubby says he has the flu and it's just a head cold! and he wants cold and flu tablets which cost heaps but you get the same effects from a bit of pain relief and an anti histamine !

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Hehe, your hubby is right! It seems to easily roll off the tongue though, doesn't it?
    I know it is just so ingrained in me I guess you must hear it alot as a kid or something???
    I even find myself sayin 'oh no you can't go surfing its raining'.. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Want2TTC View Post
    Just change it to 'come out of the cold, you'll get hypothermia'
    Yeh I tried the whole 'well in TCM you CAN adn DO get sick from wind so come in out of the wind'. Nothing works - he is ALWAYS in the garden

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I HATE it when you have loads of flem/mucos/etc from a cold and they say drink pineapple juice it will stop it. WRONG it actually helps build it up. rrrrr.

and vix on feet with socks on (does this honestly help) I use vix on my chest etc but feet?!?! Socks are great too but with vix?!?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    vix on feet with socks on (does this honestly help) I use vix on my chest etc but feet?!?! Socks are great too but with vix?!?!?
    This has seriously worked on both my kids, I don't know why but night after night of coughing and then vicks on the feet with socks on (so the vicks doesn't get all over the sheets) and the coughing in the night either stops or is minimal. I don't know why it works but I swear it does.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (12-06-2012),jbish  (13-06-2012),Liddybugs  (12-06-2012),Mod-Myztik  (12-06-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, lol at all the "come in out or the rain" "I don't want my kids getting sick so we will stay home today" I just want to scream! Getting wet will not make you sick! Unless you happen to get SO cold you get hypothermia and THEN you might get sick

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    I HATE it when you have loads of flem/mucos/etc from a cold and they say drink pineapple juice it will stop it. WRONG it actually helps build it up. rrrrr.

and vix on feet with socks on (does this honestly help) I use vix on my chest etc but feet?!?! Socks are great too but with vix?!?!?
    vicks on feet is fantastic works with ds it helps him sleep when he has a cold and helps him breath so much better.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    This has seriously worked on both my kids, I don't know why but night after night of coughing and then vicks on the feet with socks on (so the vicks doesn't get all over the sheets) and the coughing in the night either stops or is minimal. I don't know why it works but I swear it does.
    I *think* it has a lot to do with the ingredients going through the skin and helping the symptoms (like rosemary etc) So if it's on the feet it will still help.

I have also been told by a pediatric thoracic surgeon that putting Vicks directly onto children's chest can increase mucous, especially when their air ways are so small, and that breathing the vapors so close (from chest) can can also cause lungs to weaken during a chesty cough or cold, he advised to only use baby Vicks and to put in on their feet.
    Once their 4-6yo we can apply to chest.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

smootch  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, lol at all the "come in out or the rain" "I don't want my kids getting sick so we will stay home today" I just want to scream! Getting wet will not make you sick! Unless you happen to get SO cold you get hypothermia and THEN you might get sick

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by eclair View Post
    I hate it when hubby says he has the flu and it's just a head cold! and he wants cold and flu tablets which cost heaps but you get the same effects from a bit of pain relief and an anti histamine !
    OMG!! Yes! Only DXHs mum is a nurse so she brings antibiotics home from the hospital!! Last time he has a cold and cough his mums family all told him it sounds like a chest infection... He went home and started taking the antibiotics, fast forward 2 weeks and it's worse, he goes to the doctor and turns out he needs stronger antibiotics then what he was taking!! Idiot was taking the first set unnecciserily!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another who really dislikes "I have the flu". I swear by eating a really hot curry or maybe Schezaun pepper dish to clear me up.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (12-06-2012)