+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby girl name - help ease my mind one way or another please!

I am currently 20wks pregnant and we have found out we are having a girl. At first I thought this would be easy but every name I seem to like, give it a few days and I'll find some reason not to like it. DH's fav name is H.armony with G.race as the middle name. I do like the name but the more I think about it, the more I question it. My reasons are: I think it's a cute name for a little girl but I don't really think it's a grown woman's name (for when our daughter gets older); the other reason is the nn Harm - not sure how to avoid that. So I'd like to ask your thoughts on:

1. What do you think of the name H.armony - is it a name that will suit even as she gets older?
    2. Any other middle name suggestions?

As we are keeping the gender of bub a secret, this isn't a discussion I can have with any friends or family members so your help will be appreciated. TIA.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It makes me think of the girl turned vampire from buffy.

Similiar name, harper?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Ms Kez  (12-06-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It does remind me of buffy but is a beautiful name.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Ms Kez  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dear Ms Kez, congratulations on your little girl news Naming is hard. I think both of your concerns are entirely valid. Harmony is perhaps not a name that would suit a grown woman and might not be appropriate for her when she starts work (I always think ahead to when they are working!) and Harm would be the natural nickname. Grace is beautiful. Grace Harmony could work?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Ms Kez  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never watched buffy but I have heard apparently of a H.armony on the show. In regards to swapping it around, DH doesn't like G.race as a first name. Omg this is soooo hard. I personally really like the name S.ierra and that is what bub was going to be called but then DH called my baby bump the name S.ianna, which is a girls name he liked with his ex. I know it was a slip of his tongue but I kinda got my back up immediately and said no more S.ierra as I won't have him even accidently call it a name he liked with his ex. The only other name I can kinda like is M.akaylia but then I think is it too out there. Is it possible to ignore the slip of his tongue and still use S.ierra as it really is the name I want....hitting my head against a brick wall right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    No offense to you or your dh but I think stripper sorry

Edit: grace harmony sounds lovely

10. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

Ms Kez  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My vote goes to Harmony, I love it. You could have a nickname for her to avoid it becoming a Harm? And tbh by the time she is a grown up and in workforce, she will be one of those with a rather normal name lol. All the funny spellings and extravaganza names will be grown up then and it won't be anything special!
    If you check nameberry.com there is a section which is called 'if you like ... You might love ....' where you can look for alternatives for Harmony.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky2006 For This Useful Post:

Ms Kez  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    No offense to you or your dh but I think stripper sorry

Edit: grace harmony sounds lovely
    No offense taken.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think harmony is a strange adult name, I wouldnt judge a boss on her name at all.
    I don't like the other name sierra (sorry if I spelled it wrong I'm on my phone can cant look at it while replying) it reminds me of a stripper to (sorry)
    Grace harmony is also very nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love Harmony. I am not a fan of Sierra I think of a car:/