+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzabee View Post
    Have you been provided any documentation from police or child protection? If you have, take that with you or phone police and ask them for the reference number for your matter. Or even the investigating officers name and child protection workers name if you dont have anything. The court can call them if needs be. The interim avo will probably be granted as they will likely err on the side of caution and hopefully when the next hearing date is listed the police and CPS will have more of an idea of what's happening.
    As for tidying the house etc, I wouldn't worry about it, it doesn't need to be spotless!
    That makes a bit more sense now, thank you Ezzabee. The only documentation I have is a copy of my statement that I made this week but even that wasn't even in relation to what happened to my daughter it was just to try and verify dates and ascertain where he was living in what years etc (as we had a lot of times where we were separated). I will take it with me just in case and the Child Protection worker is backing me up and also coming with me next week so hopefully it will be in place quickly. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin Flame View Post
    i tried to post you a message and could not figure out how but just wanted to say i am going through very similar if you ever want to chat, i feel the same way. i actually came on here to see if there was any information on same subject and saw your notice
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through something similar Twin Flame, I honestly wouldn't wish this upon anyone. I also tried to message you but it won't let me, it says you either haven't set up private messaging or that you cannot receive private messages, I'm fairly sure that BH has some rule that you have to post a certain amount of times before you can access private messages but I could be wrong (can any mods help please?).

Thanks
    Reviews
    So..... Something strange happened today... While we were out today my ex's girlfriend showed up at my home! WTF! My eldest had been staying at a friends and come home to get something and she turned up and spoke to him. She asked where I was and he told her and then she left apparently. Now I've met this girl maybe twice so it's got me really freaked out and feeling very fortunate that nothing bad happened to my son. I'm not sure if my ex has been interviewed by police yet but from that happening today I would assume they have, why else would she turn up here? I don't feel safe in my own home and now all I want to do is move. Monday cannot come soon enough, not that the IVO will probably do much. I tried to call both the police officer and the child protection worker but wasn't able to speak with either of them. I'm so sick of the anxiety and feeling like this. I just wish they would leave me and my kids alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastated View Post
    So..... Something strange happened today... While we were out today my ex's girlfriend showed up at my home! WTF! My eldest had been staying at a friends and come home to get something and she turned up and spoke to him. She asked where I was and he told her and then she left apparently. Now I've met this girl maybe twice so it's got me really freaked out and feeling very fortunate that nothing bad happened to my son. I'm not sure if my ex has been interviewed by police yet but from that happening today I would assume they have, why else would she turn up here? I don't feel safe in my own home and now all I want to do is move. Monday cannot come soon enough, not that the IVO will probably do much. I tried to call both the police officer and the child protection worker but wasn't able to speak with either of them. I'm so sick of the anxiety and feeling like this. I just wish they would leave me and my kids alone!

It was a bad move for her to show up at your house.
    Does she have kids by any chance?
    Giving her the benefit of the doubt she might be concerned for her children?
    I don't know.. Either way she shouldn't have shown up at your house!
    If you can't get in contact with your police officer or Child protection worker I would suggest you just call the police station you have been going through tomorrow to report it.

You have been in my thoughts ever since I read your first post.

I can understand your fear with the GF showing up today.

Stay strong.
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I have been thinking about you too and checking in to see how you were going.
    I would be completely freaked out about the girlfriend showing up too, wondering what it meant....I also think she made a very bad judgement call by showing up and now not knowing what she wanted is just adding to your anxiety!
    Will be glad for you when its Monday and you can get your AVO and have one less thing to worry about.
    I hope you are hanging in there, I imagine you are living on your nerves, no sleep and alot of coffee, so many of us have your back, dont forget to take care of you. Much love

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh lovey
    what an AWFUL situation to be in. It sounds like you are a great mum and your ability to love and trust your daughter is what will make all the difference.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I feel like my world has ended...

I've only just remembered that I am member here and that I wrote all this. I feel bad for not coming back sooner sorry everyone. Life in general has been hectic but to save writing another novel I will just type the important bits and hope it makes sense! Ended up having to go back to court three times (and face him which I hated) but in the end they approved a FIVE year intervention order! Everyone was telling me to give up and accept 12 months but I wouldn't budge and got what I think is fair (for now). I will re-apply before the five years and have it extended because I will make sure he never gets near my daughter again. I received a letter only a matter of weeks ago saying that no charges are going to be laid due to insufficient evidence which has made me so mad and I have asked for a review of the decision from the OPP (office of public prosecutions) as I was told it was the only thing I could do! My daughter is doing really well, we moved to a new house, we've changed schools and she received a small amount of counseling. I myself am having health problems that I'm trying to deal with but that's not important. I wonder if anyone might be able to help me with a particular question regarding this whole ordeal? My question is- Do child protection/police HAVE to deal with a complaint of child sexual abuse immediately? Or do they have reasons why they wait? Any help would be so much appreciated!! Thanks for listening!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Devastated For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm so glad you & your daughter are ok! That's really good they approved five years. I'm not sure about your question sorry xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Well done on the 5 year intervention order. Sorry I can't help you with any information regarding child safety.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I feel like my world has ended...

So glad to hear this! Outraged but sadly not surprised with the not pressing charges...

Hopefully from here on you and her can enjoy your new lives together!!

xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub