+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy - should I be stressed?

hi guys

I know, another one of these threads.... I can see you all rolling your eyes now.. but maybe someone can help put my mind at ease.

Here's the story:
    Me and my gf were having sex... and I'm very very VERY careful all the time.. I was wearing a condom, she was ontop for about 5 minutes, during this time it broke (unsure when). We changed positions, I noticed it broke, I quickly stopped everything put a new one on and carried on (this one didn't break). She has a regular cycle, every 28 days. She's been on the pill for 15 years, but this month she has skipped a few here and there and hasn't taken it at the same time every day (hence the condoms). We had sex prior to this, twice in fact, using condoms where I had ejaculated (condom didn't break on both occasions). No urination (either of us) occurred between intervals.

Here's the facts:
    Her period is due 27th of this month (she is regular). The events described above occurred Friday the 8th. Chances are she wasn't ovulating on day 3 of her period.

My fear:
    Precum (if it occurred) picking up sperm from the previous ejaculations, living inside her until she is ready for ovulation, my guess is on the 13th?

Should we be scared or are we being nuts? I'm always super cautious with this, but sometimes it breaks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Only time will tell, although condoms are usually treated with spermicide so I'm sure everything is fine . Have you discussed what would happen is she did get pregnant? Having a plan in place would be a good idea for just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    U could have seen a GP the following day and requested the morning after pill. I did that once when I was on antibiotics and the condom broke.. But too late now tho.

Hope it turns out the way u want it to, but agree with PP - maybe have a plan in place to deal with whatever eventuates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I got pregnant by pre-cum, so it happens!

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't be too worried. But in saying that if you are having sex there is always the chance of a pregnancy. You will just have to wait and see but try not to stress too much. Most healthy couples trying to concieve a children can take up to 12 months to get the timing right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    Only time will tell, although condoms are usually treated with spermicide so I'm sure everything is fine . Have you discussed what would happen is she did get pregnant? Having a plan in place would be a good idea for just in case.
    How does that play a role in things ? (Spermicide)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spermicide kills sperm, and can help in case of a breakage (I say can, because people have gotten pregnant with a broken condom).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sounds very unlikely (not impossible, but very unlikely), given the dates.
    So I wouldn't stress, but it's a good opportunity to talk to your gf about the "what ifs", just in case something does come up, now or in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds very unlikely that you have anything to worry about. Try not to stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for the responses...

Thanks for the reply

I was speaking about it with her today, she said she has missed one or two in this cycle but no more than two.... and never two in a row... she takes it before bed, however bed time is not at the same time every night... she's not on any antibiotics...

I always thought (forgive me because I'm a guy), that you must take it at the same time every night and if you skip one (let alone two) it inactive! She's so calm about it, I'm going out of my mind here.

We are not teenagers btw and she doesnt know I'm posting here... we are both in our early 30s.