I have recently started my training to become a doula and I have a few questions I hoped the amazing and inspiring doulas of bubhub could enlighten me on, along with the wonderful mummies (and mummies to be) who have engaged the services of a doula. Please feel free to respond to me via PM if you'd prefer not to answer on open forum.
Questions for Doulas:
1. What type of insurance do you hold (if any) and how much is it?
2. Did you charge clients while you were in training - if so, how much did you charge?
3. What is your rate now that you are certified and what does that include?
4. How do your clients find out about your services?
5. How many clients do you take on at a time?
6. Are there any groups / networks / websites that you would recommend I join, investigate etc?
7. Do you have any pearls of wisdom you would be willing to share with me?
Questions for Mummies who have used a Doula.
1. How did you find out about your Doula?
2. How much did you pay for their services and what did this include?
3. Do you have any feedback you'd like to share with a newbie who wants to provide the best service that I can.
Much love to you all and thanks for taking the time to respond.