+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My BMI was 34 when I first weighed in, and I have put on 3.4kg at 30 weeks. My limit is 5kg.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Jen, you reckon thats from my starting weight or current weight? I wanted to set myself a goal of now more the 115kg (which is roughly 5kg from where I am now but still under my starting weight) you reckon thats reasonable?
    It is doable but very hard. I have done 4 kgs several times when I was super sized. At 5 kgs gain you will actually lost weight when bubs born. Think about it this way bub 3 to 4 kgs, placenta, extra blood, milk, increase in breast tissues etc 2 to 3 kgs.

More importantly than your weight gain is what your eating. Make sure your eating healthy with lots iron, folate, b vit etc....
    I personally would set a goal of 6 or 8kgs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    It is doable but very hard. I have done 4 kgs several times when I was super sized. At 5 kgs gain you will actually lost weight when bubs born. Think about it this way bub 3 to 4 kgs, placenta, extra blood, milk, increase in breast tissues etc 2 to 3 kgs.

More importantly than your weight gain is what your eating. Make sure your eating healthy with lots iron, folate, b vit etc....
    I personally would set a goal of 6 or 8kgs.
    Opps I forgot you are already half way, 5 kgs sounds great.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With DS I was actually 2kgs lighter than when I fell pregnant on the day I went to hospital.

So far with this pregnancy I haven't gained anything fingers crossed it stays that way!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kattus For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think if you are already overweight, and then you are eating better during pregnancy then it's okay not to put on much as long as you're getting your calories and nutrients.

I had grand plans of not putting on much weight, but pregnancy seems to bring out my old binge eating habits.

I started at 87.5 and I've put on about 15kg, and I'm 27 weeks. I'm feeling pretty despondent about it. It's purely through eating too much chocolate etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long as you are eating healthy you should be ok. I started at 110 and by the end of pregnancy I was 115. I had been really conscious of eating healthy as if I gained more than 5kg I would have had to go and deliver DD in a hospital 6 hours away. The week after I had DD I was 103. I was encouraged to aim to stay the same weight which with bub growing would have ment to lose weight. It's good to aim to not gain heaps if your already starting big. I also walked alot once I found out I was pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for this thread Buttoneska! I was wondering this also as my ob has not given me a weight gain target. I was 93kg when I fell pregnant (had gained about 4kg in the two months leading up to falling...too many green curries!) and have gained about 1kg. I am almost 11 weeks pregnant with twins but have been quite sick with morning sickness.

The only thing that helps the sickness is carbs, which is fine at the moment but I don't want eating them to become too much of a habit as I don't want to gain too much.

With twins though, I am supposed to put on a bit more, but no-one can tell me how much.

Thanks for the tips about how much to gain girls