+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Overweight when you fell pregnant - how much weight did you put on?

And when?

No-one has even weighed me until my 15wk check up and noone has told me what an ideal maximum weight gain is ok??

I was 118kg when I fell pregnant and have lost weight - I got down to 108ishkg but am now back up to between 109.5-111kg depending on the day.

What is a 'safe' amount to put on if your already overweight.

Oh and im 19wks now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am no expert, but i don't think there is a safe and unsafe amount just because you are already overweight. i think pregnancies in general have minimum and maximum weight gain amounts which are calculated by your height and pre-pregnancy weight.

have you got an OB appointment comeing up?? i would ask your OB for the most accurate answer.

congrats and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yeh i have a hospy app next week, I will ask then. I didn't ask last time cos I was losing weight (not on purpose) but now I feel like I am gaining/getting bigger. I want to keep an eye on it but don't want to have an unreasonable goal like putting on no more weight (in may just be a wierd thing that I lost weight so far?)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I first fell pregnant with DS I was about 106kgs... By the end of my pregnancy I was about 136kgs it was horrid, I was so unhealthy. I was really irresponsible though and didn't manage my weight gain, I ate crap and didn't exercise... Although with DD I gained about 20kgs, which is still a huge amount, but I ate better and was active... If I were to fall pregnant again I am aiming to gain no more than 10kgs... Most of my Drs have always said 10-15 kgs is normal to gain through pregnancy..

Thanks
    Reviews
    if you weren't eating more, than yes you would typically lose weight because you know have to support bub aswell. also, if you were sick for the first trimester, this would contribute to weight loss also.
    i am also going to be watching how much i gain during this pregnancy,because i know how hard it is to lose, but i am also focussing on my fitness by excercising as i was before falling pregnant (4-5 days week). But remember to listen to what your body wants/needs. in some hospitals their are certain groups aimed at limiting weight gain during pregnancy, maybe worth asking you dr about it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to truely blessed For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started at 97kg and I'm now 36 weeks and have only put on 3kg.. I don't know how...

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to spitthedummy For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    What is recommended by my dietician is 14 kg max if your already overweight.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen, you reckon thats from my starting weight or current weight? I wanted to set myself a goal of now more the 115kg (which is roughly 5kg from where I am now but still under my starting weight) you reckon thats reasonable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think that's from pre-preg weight. 5kg seems like a good goal, but again, i would speak to your OB to make sure. atleast if you aim for 5kg, you are less likely not to gain 30kg!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to truely blessed For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I only gained about 5 kg the whole way thru (was 10kg lighter post baby than pre baby) but my BMI was 34-point-something and they were concerned that 35+ might have put me as "high risk". However they decided I was ok to deliver at a regular hosp after all.

Hope that helps in some way!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-06-2012)